Need advice Questions

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by Carol Poterek, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Carol Poterek

Carol Poterek New Member

Name:
    Carol

Need advice

Hi all,

I will be getting a new female German Shepherd pup soon. The very reputable kennel she is coming from is retiring after 30 years and will be re-homing their beautiful adults. The father of my pup is one of the adults being re-homed. I met him and he was incredibly socialized and spectacular. However, I’m concerned about raising a new pup with an adult dog In a new environment for both of them. Can anyone give me some pros and cons if I decide to take them both? There are no other pets in the home, sadly I lost my 11 year old German Shepherd to spleen tumors a few months ago.

Thank you for any help,
    Carol
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Puppies are a handful at the best of times, and need a lot of attention, if the older dog has been a kennel dog it could take time for him to settle into a different environment some will settle more quickly than others, so it will mean a lot of extra time and patience.

What age is he and was he just kept as a stud dog.?
  4. Carol Poterek

Carol Poterek New Member

Name:
    Carol
    Thank you for responding. The stud dog is 6 and is also a therapy dog. He’s extremely sociable and very well trained.
  5. fast esa letter

fast esa letter New Member

Name:
    fast esa letter
    Therapy dogs are well socialized and are well known for taking care of stress, and he won't create any trouble. You should pay more attention to canine.