New french bulldog owner General Chat

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Ralphy the frenchie, Oct 15, 2018.

1. My Henry boy

My Henry boy New Member

Name:
    Henry
    Hi Ralphy! I feed my French 3 times a day 1/2 cup about 6 hours spaced apart. I feed him the blue buffalo brand “chicken and rice flavor “ he seems to really like it! He’s 2 1/2 months old! I also wet the food slightly just so that’s it’s easier on his digestive system :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    [Bold and underscored by me]

Why on earth do you want to become a breeder, "licensed" or not? Is your dog something special that will improve the breed, or is it the financial aspect?
  4. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    Lol no my dog isnt anything special at all i wouldnt breed with him , and no not for the financial aspect either i think they are overpriced i dont thnk dogs should gave astronomical price tags it would be more knowing the joy my babies would bring other fanilies like my littleman has ny family, hes absolutely amazing with my children and hes two weeks yiunger than my six month old son and you would not believe how he is with him
  5. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Challis87 likes this.
    Aww, I bet they are adorable together? I remember last year, it was Bronson's first Christmas and you'd have sworn he was like my actual child! I do spoil him though.
  6. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    He is also lile our child he has slept eith us ebry night out of a crate since ive had him pretty much he walked off the lead ok straight away where he was always wirh us he wont stray away or he wont walk off infront with me or my partner if we are out with the kids or the buggy hell plant himself in the floor and wait for them , my boy is brindle and fawn, like rpeviosuly stated bought from a friend who bred for financial gains it now seems as i dont have a kc for him as he doesnt have his for his dame yet as she come from one of his friends who bred for profit so im waiting on them sorting thay i doubt he was dna tested for heredity things like others ive seen or a colour chart of what he can make , but i didnt buy him to make money k bought him cause we fell in love striaght away so even if i dont get the kc cert i know he is 100% french bulldog and doesnt matter anout the kc because he wanst bought to make money from
  7. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    Got any recent pics of bronson ?
  8. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    If you haven't already checked out my new owner thread there's loads on there, but it will take some trawling through as there areally dozens of posts with pictures randomly scattered throughout.
  9. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
  10. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Challis87 likes this.
    And this is Lulu Dog my English Bull Terrier Cross. She had a tendency to like sitting on my shoulder like a scarf, also to smile and steal the blanket! But had to be rehomed when my partner and I split up. She was a teddy bear!

https://www.forum.breedia.com/threads/new-owner.17179/
  11. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
  12. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    Image isnt brilliant as had to use front camera on my phone but this is our little guy

Attached Files:

13. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Aw wow, he looks like Mr Bronson!
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    So why do you want to become a breeder? Licensed or not. Do you have any idea how many problems there can be when breeding, especially a Brachycephalic breed like a Frenchie? And if you would not use your [still a puppy] dog for breeding, where would you get a brood bitch and a registered stud dog?

"Knowing joy your families would [might] bring to other families" is not a reason for breeding.

You have children, and a six-month old baby - do you know how much time and effort goes into even "easy" breeding? Do have the time and the knowledge to be a qualified and registered breeder, with a mentor and a vet at hand during whelping?
  15. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    Like previously stated my nan used to breed and has bred dogs for as long as i can remember, so i would have help from her and to be quite truthful thought you would get support on forums such as these rather than being questioned and it feel almost like your talking down to me to be quite truthful,

please dont think i am niave and to think breeding is easy or without problems or in doint it for financial gains as i have explained that is not my incentive, i would buy another bitch and as for a registered stud gog type in french bulldog stud on google and take your pick i have close connection with dezignerbullz who hsve studs but tp be honest i would probably be looking at lines from further afield usa germany etc as pretty soon where everyone is using uk studs there all going to end up being related in my opinion.
  16. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    I do apologise if my messgae seems blunt but seemed to me as if you was trying to put me down about breeding frenchies as if im just someone who is doing it half cocked or fpr financial gains being my incentive to do it truth be told my family has gsps and was looking at breeding them as one of ours is an import from germany and his bloodlone is amazing , but to be qquite truthfull ill probably end up with a pack of frenchies
  17. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Challis87 likes this.
    If I could and had the room I'd have more than one!
  18. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    My mums been round today hes turned her towards little dogs now too she wants one lol
  19. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Challis87 likes this.
    Everyone I've met always says the same!
  20. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    This is how good my rocco is with the baby people are gonna say i wouldnt let a dog lick i know i know but evryone has there own way of doing things ive had to upload to YouTube just to show you lol

21. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Your baby seems to be enjoying the sensation too. As long as the hands are clean before they reach the mouth, what harm can there be? We oldies survived a lot worse.