New frenchie owner (need tips!) Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Ficaa7, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Ficaa7

Ficaa7 New Member

Name:
    Fica

New frenchie owner (need tips!)

Hey guys! I'm a very happy new first time owner of a 9 week old French Bulldog, Charlie. He's quite the exuberant fella even after exercise, and seems to love to jump around and fumble. He's constantly doing twisting motions and climbs up and down me when we are laying down etc. Now normally I would have no problem with this (and haven't with my previous pups), though I am quite worried that Charlie may do his spine some damage with what seems to be quite violent acts of throwing himself around as I know they are prone to such issues.

Am I thinking a bit too much into this and should I let my puppy enjoy himself or try limit his joyful maneuvers? Thanks :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.
    As long as he isn't jumping on and off heights like beds or sofas, I would allow him to play freely. Puppies spend a lot of time rolling and twisting, and all movement that comes naturally to him will be flexing and developing his muscles. The types of movement that are harmful, such as jumping on or over obstacles, or too much walking on the lead, should be left until his joints have had more time to develop.