"New" NI breed standard, anyone care to discuss, co my head is spinning!!

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Borderdawn, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    If i used that rule i'd be saying Isis 24/7 :lol:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Ref the BS, as if people walking down the street, who ask about the breed, want an indepth explaination of the BS:roll:
  4. gemma riley

gemma riley New Member

Name:
    Ragapawz
    Sorry, I do have a habit of writing the way I speak and it come out completely wrong. I agree I am childish sometimes, it keeps me sane :lol:
  5. Animal

Animal New Member

Name:
    Shel
    Fair enough, I just wondered if you felt the same about these crosses. I CAN see where you are coming from, as Werewolf said it is annoying when many crosses are labelled NI when they aren't, and as your chosen breed is the sibe (which I think are great btw) then you are of course equally passionate about them. I have been asked if mine were huskies yes, but then I have also been asked if they were akita's :? and some people I have spoken to would lump them all, Mals, Sibes, anything that looks vagueley like any of our dogs as 'all the same, they're snow dogs arn't they'. Some hadn't even heard of mals. Go figure ;-)

I think debate and discussion is very healthy, but I also think that it should be conducted politely, and yes we get passionate, but please people, be nice ;-) This wasn't directed at anyone in particular btw, but remeber these dogs are peoples greatly loved pets too, whichever breed we are discussing, so please think before you post (yes that includes me too!)

Back on topic, breed standard :p
  6. gemma riley

gemma riley New Member

Name:
    Ragapawz
    you missed my point again. People walking down the street dont want an in depth explanation of the BS. As an owner it gives you knowledge of why the breed is constructed the way it is.
  7. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

I am so disillusioned with everything I today asked our insurer to label Loki a cross. Unfortunately, it didn't result in cheaper premiums. :lol: He did, however, inform me that they don't insure 'Inuits':?
  8. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Gemma, I understood what you mean.
  9. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Put it this way Nes, if you had a dog that LOOKED like the new breed standard, I absolutely guarantee you people in the street would ask you what the hell it was. Would you say "they are supposed to be like that?" I doubt it. People have said to me, your Chihuahua is too big, I say she is supposed to be, she is a Papillon! however if constructed the way in which this standard is interpreted, you WOULD have cause for concern from members of the public I can assure you and it wouldnt be ignorance it would be genuine concern.
  10. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Put perfectly!:001:
  11. gemma riley

gemma riley New Member

Name:
    Ragapawz
    LOL thanks, Im definately not typing in Chinese then :lol: :lol:

Lucky Star, did you get a reason why they would not insure inuits? Which insurer was it?

Gemmsie
    x
  12. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I thought I read on here that the new BS is not physically possible:?:
  13. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    My point EXACTLY!:002:
  14. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    This is no word of a lie, when we go out in London, most people who pass us, stop us so they can love the dogs and say how lovely they are. We have even had people (on more than one occasion) shouting out of cars (hand on heart).

Infact, it isn't just London, the dogs are well known when we visit Mull xxxxxxxxx

What I guess I am trying to say is this: People like the breed, not everyone of course but people, these people are not interested in all the political arguments etc xx
  15. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Nes I dont doubt for a minute people like them, I like them, but they have not been bred to conform to a breed standard, they have been abused by the very people that say they love them.
  16. gemma riley

gemma riley New Member

Name:
    Ragapawz
    Its never the dogs fault. Its the people that breed them :(
  17. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Well, as Arthur has said. Let us look to the future and hope and pray that things will be done better and better xx
  18. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Id love to stand beside you and agree on this one Nes, but saly with the same people running the gaff, IMO they dont stand a chance, sorry. Id love to be proved wrong though.:)
  19. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Well, Dawn, let us hope that you are wrong xxxxx As the Good Book says:

He covers the sky with clouds, he supplies the earth with rain, and maketh the grass grow on the hills.
  20. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Now you are getting all philosophical on me! :mrgreen: But I hope you are right, for the dogs.
  21. lovezois

lovezois Fondly remembered

Name:
    Eunice
    I am not disputing that they are likeable dogs, but it is just that no two look the the same and until the breeders of the NI all get together and sort this out these dogs will in my opinion will never become what is known as a "Breed", they will always be GSD's or Sibe or whatever crosses, lovely dogs but they do not conform to a Breed as such.

As for the new Breed Standard it makes little sense to me either Dawn.