New owner of beautiful french puppy??? Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Bigjule111, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Yay, George I think you are a very good and sensible person. Lil Freda is worth so much love, and as for being conned - *hit happens.

It is never nice being conned or having to suck up/swallow money for something that was not as you thought it was - just love that lovely little girl.

Please give her extra cuddles from me xx
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Bigjule111

Bigjule111 New Member

Name:
    George Medina
    Thanks I will ...she such a baby too lol
  4. Bigjule111

Bigjule111 New Member

Name:
    George Medina
    At this point I'm assuming she is not pure bred . So what I mite do is get a DNA test and if it proves she's cross breed than I can go and demand atleast $800 back . I def can't go with just assumptions ..or I can chalk it up as a learning experience but knowing me I'm already having a hard time letting it go !
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    So what will you do if you get a DNA test which shows your little girl is not pure bred?

Demand the "breeder" gives you at least $800 back?

And if they refuse? Which they no doubt will not do, what then? Give your baby back for another probably dodgy cross breed?

If you can, and it will not cause you more problems than the love you have for your bubba, swallow the money and love and enjoy bubby Freda.

Let it go George. Because unless you have proof that these "breeders" are conning people left, right and centre, and unless you are prepared to give your baby back for another who-knows-what, you have to let it go and chalk it up as an unfortunate learning experience.
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    BYB & Puppy farms rely on people becoming attached to the puppies, hence why most are reluctant to take action.
    If she does turn out to be a cross, I would chalk it down to experience and would not seek refund.
    But if the litter has been falsely advertised as purebred, then I would seek to expose the breeder.
    I would contact local council, Trading Standards. Inland Revenue and Media ect:
    Report breeder/seller.
    https://cariadcampaign.co.uk/report/
  7. Bigjule111

Bigjule111 New Member

Name:
    George Medina
    She's advertised as pure bred .. so I'll talk it over with the wife and take it from there..I mite just b overacting things a bit .. Who knows..I seen the DNA kit for 80 bucks.. I'll see what the vet says when I take her next week and see if he can give me any recommendations on which one to use or if I should just let it go
  8. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    Have started to comment a bit late and i will be honest i havent read every comment completely, i do agree with bronson doesnt look like a full breed frenchie because of the nose , the stance at the back window is very frenchie tho ,i did just see that someone said you paid 2000 pound for her and had no papers etc where did you find this breeder can i ask as if you had of typed in google french bulldog for sale and went through to preloved or various other selling sites they are less money than that alsp come with all papers etc , main thing is you love your little lady and she is a pretty little thing but ny opinion is that she is not a pure breed frenchie but yes a longer snout would indeed help with the breathing problems frenchies have
  9. Bigjule111

Bigjule111 New Member

Name:
    George Medina
    Thanks for chimming in.. do u think it's just the nose? How about the tail ?
  10. Bigjule111

Bigjule111 New Member

Name:
    George Medina
    I got her from a breeder in North jersey
  11. Bigjule111

Bigjule111 New Member

Name:
    George Medina
    My wife thinks she' just small and eventually she would take frenchy shape . I don't think that's the case...
  12. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Was there no pedigree?
  13. Bigjule111

Bigjule111 New Member

Name:
    George Medina
    She' was sold to me as purebred, he showed me the so called mother which looked pure bred to me ..but then again I am a noob when it comes to this .. I wanted the brother puppy but the kids and wife wanted her ....also got some paperwork with shots information and microchip info as well ..
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Please ask your vet to check her microchip and the shots information - there have been cases where false information has been given regarding shots, which have not actually been given.

Paperwork? Anyone can provide whatever paperwork they want.

There is only one thing important here. Forgetting papers [unless they are legitimate AKC registration papers], forgetting microchips and shots information.

And that is your lovely little Freda. Do you want to keep her or give her back to dodgy breeders? Purebred or not, if you love her please keep her and love her for what she is.
  15. Bigjule111

Bigjule111 New Member

Name:
    George Medina
    @ malka .. nicely said ..she is and I'll b honest .. if I wanted to the kids won't allow it ! I'm def gonna have him check the microchip info because like u said ..that can b bogus .. who knows at this point
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    George, microchips here are registered in the ID number of the owner. Private vets do not chip dogs, they are done by the Local Authority vet, who also gives the yearly rabies shots. Also registered under the ID number of the owner with the Ministry of Agriculture.

If the owner moves their address has to be registered with the Ministry of the Interior so all records are automatically transferred.

None of this happened in my previous life when I lived in England and bred Griffons - and was a registered UK official breeder, but all my puppies were registered. I had to sign as breeder and my mentor, whose dogs I used as sires, also had to sign. No chips in those days but it was possible to trace my pups back five generations with the UK Club.

I have not bred for decades now, and the last three dogs that have shared my life were unwanted pups of no known background.

My current little mini monster, a cross Dachshund dam/Minpin sire, was from an unwanted accidental litter, and has been with me since she was three-weeks old. I call her a "hetzi Doxie" [half Doxie] and yet I can see the Minpin shape in her.

I do not care that she is a cross-breed. Lexi and Pereg before her were of no known breed. But I still loved them. And mutts as they were, they always had all their necessary shots, and were microchipped.

Love your little bubby and please do not let the original "breeder" try to con you.
  17. Bigjule111

Bigjule111 New Member

Name:
    George Medina
    Well thats pretty interesting.. I wonder if that info apply here in the states ....Malka, I have zero issues with , as u call them , mutts .. my favorite childhood dog was a mix of probably 3 different types of breeds lol .. I loved that dog .. was loyal and always ready to have my back and do whatever was asked of him
  18. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    Hey mate i didnt notice the tail it does look a little long now i have taken a look but i am by NO means an expert and it seems as tho there is a flick to the tips of her ears also , i imagine the only real way to find out is buy doing a dna test to be possitive i must say its a shame because i have only been on here a short time and this is the second thread with someone questioning if there frenchie is a full breed , i hope you get the answers your looking for and even if she isnt a full breed she is a pretty little thing
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Mutts. I did not think I would ever be able to have another dog until Lexi needed me. I knew the people up the road had pups - mother and daughter both having whelped - they were out-door dogs. And I made the mistake of crossing the road...

Pereg, the girl in my avatar, was also an unwanted pup of no unknown origin. And I lost her due to epilepsy. But I will not change my avatar because Pereg was a very special girl..

Tikva is not a mutt. She is a definite cross-breed, but so what? Does that make her any more special than Lexi or Pereg?

No, of course not. Tikki is my little Tikki Tikva, who rules my life!
  20. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    There is no way I would pay £2,000 for a supposed "purebred" dog if there were no papers, health test results ect: I would want to see pedigree, health test results ect.before parting with my money.

There are so many scammers out there, it really pays to do lots of research, and find a reputable breeder.
  21. Bigjule111

Bigjule111 New Member

Name:
    George Medina
    What do u mean by flick? And thanks