New owner General Chat

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by BronsonTheBulldog, Aug 25, 2017.

1. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Thank you all for your kind words of support. I feel a lot better today after re reading all your messages and waking up and seeing my little man this morning for my birthday!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Also treated myself to one of these for a Birthday lunch!

20190214_142317.jpg !
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    A Happy Birthday Gareth. Your birthday lunch looks really yummy, (even to a vegetarian). So glad you feel more positive today, and I hope your Mum is doing well too.
  5. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    It was amazing and shes doing better thank you. Just waiting for a transfer to a different hosptial for an angiogram and stent fitted next week.
  6. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Happy birthday!!! Sometimes things look better in the light of a new day
  7. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Thank you.
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Oh Gareth - I am only just back this morning and have just read this. There is nothing that I can say that has not already been said - probably better than I could have said it.

You know that we all love you and care about you [and Mr Bronson of course] and are always here to listen to you.

I am so glad that you sound more positive and hope you enjoyed your birthday lunch.

Much love and cyber {{{hugs}}} from me, and lots of snuffly kisses and tailwags from Tikki.

Juli :058:
  9. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Thank you Juli and Tikki, very much appreciated.
  10. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Malka likes this.
    Just made a new fur friend out on our walk. I think @Malka will love this most?

20190215_155457.jpg 20190215_155507.jpg
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    What a lovely Dachshund :007: and nice and slim as well :023:. I would love to see Tikki next to a standard Doxie for comparison - she would be taller and shorter in the body, and probably weigh less [she takes her shape and weight from her Minpin sire] but the Dachshund from her dam is obvious to anyone who knows the breed. Right down to her wonky Doxie front legs!

I know this is an old photograph but it is the only one that shows her actual shape, although she looks longer in the body as she was stretched out - she is very square when standing. Still has ribs and spine noticeable but she is much more muscley now, especially her shoulders and hips, and her coat is not such a bright red now [the door was open and the sun was streaming directly on her when the picture was taken].

[​IMG]
  12. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Malka likes this.
    Aw bless. This little girl we met today was a rescue and the gentleman said their not even sure how old she is, but was so adorable and timid.
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I wonder how on earth such a gorgeous little girl ended up in rescue - but from the way she is sitting on her dad's shoe she obviously feels safe with him, and she did not seem at all fazed by Mr Bronson.

However old she is, I hope she stays as slim as she looks from the pictures, as too much weight is not good for a Doxie's spine.
  14. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Malka likes this.
    I have no idea why she was given up because even i wanted to take her home with me. Mr Bronson is really good with nervous dogs now, it's like he can sense it and calms right down, has a sniff and then leaves them alone. I'm so proud of him! :D
  15. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    Glar your feeling more upbeat mate not been on here for a while and just signed in and thought shit what have i missed my heart sank but was nice to see how many people on here where there for you with words of kindness !!
  16. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    My camera quality is terrible lol

Attached Files:

17. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Thank you. Sometimes you just don't realise how many people actually care until you need them. And that picture is adorable. Would make anyone feel better.
  18. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    Hi guys had a worrying weekend dont know how to start a new thread need some advice rocco got his leg stuck in his woolen type dpg bed with a cushion at bottom one of the girls helped him get it out Thursday night and he was limping kept eye on him after hour was right as rain today chasing children around he layed on the floor on his side crying well screeching he wouldnt put weight on it but is now dooing so but limping rang emergency vets not an emergency gonna sound majorly silly but can dogs bruise muscles strain muscles same as us as ive been trying to find painfull area and he doesnt wine if i touch his leg from shoulder down to his toes just really worried about my little man he seemed to be ok but after him doing that earlier i am concerned
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  19. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Dogs can sprain their ligaments, and when this happens rest is usually recommended. If Rocco goes lame again tomorrow, or cries again in pain, I would book a normal vet surgery appointment for him. You will probably be given some pain medication, but more importantly, he will get his leg checked by a professional. In the meantime try and encourage him to take things quietly.
    Hope this helps. Best wishes.
  20. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Bronson was a little to eager coming down the stairs the other day chasing his ball, going from carpet to wooden floor and he must have landed awkwardly, because he was limping for a couple of seconds into the living room, so I hyperextended and rotated his leg, but was fine after. It does happen, but as Carol rightly says, vets as soon as possible if it still troubles him
  21. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    Off to vets tomorrow he juat tried getting off sofa and was yelping again so rang the emergency vets told to go to our vets tomorrow just feel so sorry for him

Thanks guys