New Pup, Am Bulldog X Boerboel, American Bandogge? Controversial

Discussion in 'Boerboel' started by bobberbiker, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    If the beorbeol has been tested its test will read like this..
    HD - A , ED -0,0
    Entropion and ectropion: free
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. sarah1983

sarah1983 New Member

Name:
    sarah
    Nobody is saying there are breeds that are all dangerous or bad. But the whole "no bad dogs only bad owners" thing is not true, there are badly bred dogs with bad temperaments out there. There are also dogs who are just wired wrong. Nothing to do with having a bad owner.

There is no way I'd be going for a backyard bred dog of questionable breeds if I had a small child.
  4. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

I can see your heart is set on this puppy
    I look forward to photos as they grow with you and I hope and pray that everything is perfect for you, it could well be

But as others are pointing out there are dangers too

One common ploy with the BYB's is to wait until you go to pick up the pups before letting you see pedigrees and health checks and see the parents
    this is because they know with the best will in the world most of us will still come home with the puppy even if things dont quite add up

I believe my rescue dog Ben was around 6 weeks when I got him, I think the owners lied to the rescue
    and those two weeks do make a huge difference

Things like toilet training were a nightmare with a dog who would quietly cuddle up to his own poo for a little comfort

I am glad you have training plans inplace, puppies are such hard work! but so lovely as well
  5. bobberbiker

bobberbiker New Member

Name:
    Bobber
    i apriciate the advice but it is what it is, the pups going at 7 weeks so id rather take it myself than someone else. as for the breed....im not sure the dad is boerboel papers or not he looks nothing like a boerboel..he looks mastiff type so maybe a mastiff x boxer or something. anyway what i want to know is does anyone have any idea what the pup will look like as a adult. i can get all the advice i need from the local vets and i have friends who breed neo mastiffs and ddb's so i can ask them any questions i have but i want as many opinions as possible as to what the pup will look like as a adult to get a rough idea
  6. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Man its hard to tell when you don't know the parentage ..
    Does the breed have any contact with the owner of his previous litter ?
  7. sarah1983

sarah1983 New Member

Name:
    sarah
    Can I ask why it is so important to know what the pup will look like as an adult?
  8. bobberbiker

bobberbiker New Member

Name:
    Bobber
    nah he doesnt, im guessing by the size of the parents and the pup it will be around the size of a boxer or american bulldog, and based on the pups and parents looks...the short/squashed nose, markings and size im thinking bullmastiff looking but maybe a tad shorter and stockier.
  9. bobberbiker

bobberbiker New Member

Name:
    Bobber
    sure beacuse im curious, who wouldnt be lol its a puppy and i have no idea what it may look like...of course i want to know
  10. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Google images will give you an idea.

Dont tell people its a Bandogge for 2 reasons i can think of .
    1 They will think he has pit in him ..
    2.When you say bandogge to most folks they will hear banned dog and you do not need the grief ...
    What area of london you in ?
  11. bobberbiker

bobberbiker New Member

Name:
    Bobber
    cant find any am bull x boer on google.

i did put american bandogge no bandogge as there different breeds the american one doesnt contain pit and is usually 50/50 where as bandogge is like 4 breeds carefully cut into percentages which contain pitbull. im in maidstone kent not london. i know alot of people with pits...though in reality there prob ddb x staff which just look alot like pits, doubt theres any pure pits in uk at all, funny how no one has a blue pit in uk lol there all red nosed...which can be created easily enough by crossing breeds where as the blue is harder to replicate so im convinced none are pure apbt's in uk
  12. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay

Really ???? He didn't notice his bitch was in season & didn't notice them mating & didn't notice she was in whelp ???

Just a minute Yep, I thought so, just seen some pigs flying in formation overhead.

He is a BYB breeder he has allowed his dog to breed with no thought to what will happen to the puppies & I would like to bet neither parent has had all the health tests that can be done & should be done on both breeds(Boerboel & American Bulldog)

How old is the bitch & dog ??

I always thought a Bandogge was a breed such as a mastiff, kept chained as a watchdog. The Band referring to the collar the dog wore.

Boerboel need lots of socialization & training as do American Bullogs & both have the same health issues for hips & elbows.

How did you find this"breeder" ?
  13. krlyr

krlyr

Name:
    Karly
    Unfortunately the law bans "Pitbull type" anyway - so even if they are all DDB x Staffs, if they meet the "type" measurements/looks, they're illegal.
  14. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    The pup the OP ends up might look "type" too which is something to be aware of. It is always a risk when you cross bull breeds of an unknown background. :?
  15. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Well you are not going to know until the dog is fully mature -- that is the nature of mixed breeds. Because the parents aren't purebred I don't think anyone could even give you a rough idea.
  16. TabithaJ

TabithaJ New Member

Name:
    ownedbyayellowlab

And therein lies the problem.

All you care about are the looks of this dog. You don't give a damn about health, temperament, or the actual NATURE of the dog that you are going to raise around your very young child!

And yes - mixed breeds AND purebreeds can be dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm tired of trying to be diplomatic with people who claim to love dogs but then make it clear they only care about looks.

People have made some superb points and you have utterly ignored them. As JOEDEE so rightly says, how on earth can an experienced, caring breeder fail to REALISE that he had a pregnant female on his hands???

More fool you if you take this puppy.
  17. ljru1970

ljru1970 New Member

Name:
    ljru1970
    Exactly my point! Is this a 'status' dog purchase.
    My foolish teenage son, who I will forgive as he is a teenager, would not dream of walking our terrier or daxie cross who he loves very dearly. But he tells me if we had a bull breed he'd walk it three times a day!
  18. bobberbiker

bobberbiker New Member

Name:
    Bobber
    not a status dog no i dont need a dog to get a status i can look after myself and im not a teenager lol i wish i was. i just am very picky about dogs looks i find alot of dogs very ugly and wouldnt want one that looks like something i dont like
  19. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    If you are picky about how a dog looks, surely it makes logical sense to purchase a purebred so that way you know exactly what to expect?

You want a dog of particular look, yet you are willing to gamble on a mixed breed of an unknown heritage. :?
  20. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    *some posts have been removed*
  21. EmmiS

EmmiS New Member

Name:
    Emma Louise
    If this man has his heart set on this puppy then I think there is little anyone is going to be able to say to the contrary to persuade him.

From most of his posts he sounds more dog literate than the vast majority of people walking around with dogs from dodgy breeders. If he can offer it a good home surely it's better than going to a cretin who knows nothing?

Bright side!