New Samoyed Member General Chat

Discussion in 'Samoyed' started by Nick 81, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Nick 81

Nick 81 New Member

Name:
    Nick

New Samoyed Member

Hi, I am new to this site as it probably shows but hopefully i will get this right. I have a 3 year old male Samoyed which although is a lovely friendly dog and a great family pet he is very strong.He is the third samoyed we have owned but the only one that when walking constantly pulls, can anyone help or suggest a collar that may help.We have tried several collars but not with much success, looking forward to hearing from anyone that maybe can give me any advice.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris Lee

Chris Lee New Member

Name:
    Chris
    I need help my 5 month old samoyed fur was shaved off by a groomer. what can I do help save my samoyed. so his fur can grow back to normal or at least close to normal
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes likes this.
    There is not a lot you can do except to keep the woolly undercoat as well groomed out as possible, to allow the guard hairs which form the topcoat the best chance to grow through. Some coats never fully recover from being shaved.
    I would add a little organic salmon oil to his diet, but don't overdose while he is so young.
    How sad. What was this so-called groomer thinking of?
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes likes this.
    Sorry @Nick 81 you seem to have been overlooked - welcome to Breedia.
    There is no substitute for steady training but you could try one of the dog headcollars. I use Halti's but there are others.
    IMO they are best used with a six-foot double ended lead, one clip to the Halti, and one to his regular collar or harness. (Personally, not a fan of harnesses for strong breeds - think Scott of the Antarctic). Guide the head with the Halti, check the impulsion with the collar. Hope this helps.