New Scottish Terrier puppy ! General Chat

Discussion in 'Scottish Terrier' started by Dexter's Mummy, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Dexter's Mummy

Dexter's Mummy New Member

Name:
    Joanne

New Scottish Terrier puppy !

Hi - just wondered if anyone else was currently raising a Scottish Terrier puppy. Mine is 9 wks old and we have had him for 2 days.

Just wanted to make contact with anyone who is sharing these times.

I dont know an awful lot about dogs - but already love him, and have bought four different books for advice on what to do - just would be nice to have someone human to bounce ideas off.

Jo x
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Not many people have Scotties these days but there are a lot of experienced terrier people on here who can help you. Any chance of a piccie?
    Becky
  4. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    Hi Dexter's mummy!
    Don't have a scotty pup at the mo, but LOVE scotties :)
    Have quite a lot of experience with other terriers too - as do lots of people on here and we are always welcome to chat about puppies :)
  5. Kevwana

Kevwana New Member

Name:
    Kevwana
    Hey, my mums just got a wee scotty a few days ago - 9 weeks too, he's a right little character ! where did you get yours from ? could even be same litter !

[​IMG]

Kev
  6. Dexter's Mummy

Name:
    Joanne
    I only have a couple of photos but I dont know how to attach photos.

Our first question is that he sits down to pee, so his little paws get covered in pee every time. Is this just to be expected, and should we wash his paws off every time?

Thanks for welcoming me guys!

Jox
  7. Dexter's Mummy

Name:
    Joanne
    Hi Kev

We got ours from a little farm just outside Keith.

He looks adorable too. Are you having any probs yet - or are you quite used to raising dogs?

Dex seems to have settled ok - no probs yet - just concerns on whether we are doing things right or not.

Jo
  8. Kevwana

Kevwana New Member

Name:
    Kevwana
    Wee Fergus is the same, his little belly almost touches the ground when he's outside on the grass.... full of beans !
  9. Kevwana

Kevwana New Member

Name:
    Kevwana
    Am used to larger dogs myself but mum has always wanted a scotty so...
    Only issue at the moment is he keeps charging my mum and attacking her feet / slippers... in a playfull way offcourse but is just starting to react to a sharp no !
  10. Kevwana

Kevwana New Member

Name:
    Kevwana
    If you want to put pics up, easiest way I think is to open a photobucket account (free) then copy and paste the IMG code for the pics u want onto the thread and hey presto they will appear.. Seemed to work for me anyway..
  11. Dexter's Mummy

Name:
    Joanne
    Yeah - we are having the same problem - and doing the same thing. It feels selfish - cos he just seems to be having fun but we have nieces and nephews that would get a real scare if they play bite them - so we need to stop him now before he gets to that stage.

Fergus is the name we had originally chosen, but settled on Dexter.

I love watching him run across the grass, as you say, with his little belly rolling along.

Keep in touch - would love to follow Fergus's progress alongside Dexters.
  12. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Awww what a cutie!
    Becky
  13. Tori

Tori New Member

Name:
    tori
    Dont have a scottie but i love them so much can't wait to see pics. Kevwana your mums scottie is a gorgeous.:)
  14. Dexter's Mummy

Name:
    Joanne