Newfoundland Discussions

Discussion in 'Newfoundland' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Discussion Thread

Discussion Thread New Member

Newfoundland

Newfoundland
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Losos

Losos New Member

Name:
    Harvey
    Hello all Newfie lovers. I can't believe I'm the first to post on this section :) :) , they are such lovely dogs:grin: , we have two girls BTW. (Age 2.5 and 2 years)

Can't do piccies at the moment, that's on my 2007 wish list;-) .

Has anyone had a portrait done, if so who did it?
  4. ShaynLola

ShaynLola New Member

Name:
    Jules
    My Lola:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lola is my first Newfie, but definately not my last ;-) She is almost 21 months old now and is the sweetest, friendliest girl you could ever meet :)
  5. Lynn

Lynn Member

Name:
    Lynn
    Lola is looking lovely can't believe she is 21 months old.
  6. IanTaylor

IanTaylor

Name:
    Ian
    She's gorgeous... absolute stunner... great pics :)
  7. ShaynLola

ShaynLola New Member

Name:
    Jules
    I know!! :shock: Where does the time go??

Thanks Ian :)
  8. tink

tink New Member

Name:
    Natasha
    What a stunner ,she is really beautiful !!
  9. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    What a beautiful girl she is. Get posting more pics. We don't see enough of her xx
  10. Amber08071

Amber08071 New Member

Name:
    Amber
    She is gorgeous.....:smt007
  11. newfiedreams

newfiedreams New Member

HA HA...you can see the Breeding behind Lola!! You know my Storm who is the picture in the section?? Well, I believe my Storm is related to Lola?? You bought her from Wales didn't you? And she was from an unregistered litter that my friend had major problems with the owners as they hadn't been health checked?? My friend owns the Bigtop breeding, and I think I'm right in saying you posted on CD about the problem?? I may be totally off the mark now and talking garbage!!! LOL I t was an 'accidental mating, but I think she denied everything to Rachael! But I think I'm right...well, I think I'm right all the time anyways!!! LOL Cheers me dear! love Dawn XX
  12. Losos

Losos New Member

Name:
    Harvey
    Hi Shay
    Thanks for the piccies:)
    Yes she really is gorgeous, and you're right once you've got one you want another:) That's why we have two.

These dogs can really 'talk with their eyes' and I think your first pic shows that.

I really must drag myself into the digital camera era next year and post some shots.
  13. ShaynLola

ShaynLola New Member

Name:
    Jules
    Dawn, I have no idea what you are talking about?? Lola does not come from Wales (I've never even been to Wales :lol:) and she is KC registered. There is no Big Top dogs in her lines as far as I know (certainly not on her 5 generation pedigree, anyway). You are obviously confusing me for someone else :)

I think I may know the dog you are talking about though...the one that was posted about on CD. If it's the same dog I'm thinking off, the dog in question has severe AS and the breeder didn't want to know :-( Very sad, but definitely not my Lola who, happily, is a picture of health :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2006
  14. DippyLeo

DippyLeo New Member

Name:
    DippyLeo
    Lola's looking Fab Shaynlola!

Is it ok to post a couple of pics of my (ahem ...Brown 'chuffbag' pants) aka Seth ...... Here goes .....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As a likkle baby .......
    [​IMG]

The Portrait I had done of my beautiful boys ....
    [​IMG]
  15. ShaynLola

ShaynLola New Member

Name:
    Jules
    Lovely pics Dippyleo :)

Until recently, I'd planned for my next Newfie to be a black male but now I think it'll be brown dogs from here on in :lol: I am 100% converted to brown!
  16. DippyLeo

DippyLeo New Member

Name:
    DippyLeo
    Seth's my first Newf (and I'm sure he won't be my last ;-) ) .... I did plan on having a black first then a brown but I fell in love with his daddy so that was me hooked on Browns! BUT .... I still plan on my black boy in the future :)
  17. ShaynLola

ShaynLola New Member

Name:
    Jules
    I think OH would still like a black boy so I guess I'll have to see who wins that particular battle ;-)
  18. pxxuk

pxxuk New Member

Name:
    Paula
    Aww, you all have beautiful dogs and I am now convinced my next pup will be a Newfie!!! I like the brown ones too but they are all so lovely I wouldnt care in any case :mrgreen:
  19. shiba

shiba New Member

Name:
    kirstie
    Hi, just spotted this post as been a bit busy with the little one lately. But just wanted to say that the temperment of a newfoundland is just the best. They are very loving and kind dogs and in a threatened situation they are renown for not attacking but just putting their body weight in front of you and as they are so big this is normally enough.

Anyway here is a few pics of my little newcomer....Jessie.

this is her at 8 weeks old....

[​IMG]

And this was today on her first walk in the woods

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. Lynn

Lynn Member

Name:
    Lynn
    They are all so beautiful,wonderif I can convince Hubbie Ollie would like a Friend.
  21. teenytiny

teenytiny New Member

Name:
    *sammy*
    Wow they are all stunning bundles of joy arent they.

I must admit I only found this thread as I was browsing, News are not a breed I know a lot about. The 1 and only thing I do know about them though, is their love for water....am I right guys?

They truely are gorgeous dogs tho.