NI owners-do you know what dead tail is? Questions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by huskadie, Jun 1, 2006.

1. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    PMSL. :lol: :lol:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Zoundz

Zoundz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    What a lovely fellow, he's generating great publicity forthe breed :-? I thought NI's weren't wolf dogs...? :-?

xx
  4. ShaynLola

ShaynLola New Member

Name:
    Jules
    Errm, I thing the advertiser should be prevented from breeding, nevermind the dog!! :shock:

Cubs? Do NIs not have pups like other dogs? :?

No mention of health tests or working ability, I notice :roll:

And what exactly does the dog have to do with litter size?? Surely that's down to how many eggs are released by the bitch?

Even if NIs were my breed, I'd be avoiding this one like plague
  5. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    I totally agree this guy should be avoided like the plague, as for cubs I thought exactly the same thing he quite obviously doesn't have a clue what hes on about tryin to look hard with his 'wolfdog'!!

NI's are not wolfdogs zoundz hes obviously just trying to portray a 'hardman image' sad really, & doesn't do the breed any favours unforunatly :evil: .
  6. Zoundz

Zoundz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    *sigh*

xx
  7. zero

zero New Member

They are not wolfdogs...but then his stud dog most likely isn't 'the best' either (or anything else that was described)...etc etc...It says so much more about the person advertising than it does the breed which is what you need to remember in these situations.
  8. brandy barrel

brandy barrel New Member

An advert like this is sooooo sad. I hope that any interested parties will see through the rubbish sales patter. Fancy using words like wolf and cub!!!

I would not consider dealing with this man if he paid me!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  9. Mae

Mae New Member

What is a NI?
    Mae
  10. Shadowboxer

Shadowboxer Fondly Remembered

Name:
    SB
    Northern Inuit :)
  11. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Could someone please send me the ad as this isn't the sort of advertising we wish to see. I would like to know who this moron is myself - I can't imagine they are NIS approved.
  12. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Sansorella, I have sent you the link someone was kind enough to send to me as I couldn't find it on the net. It is shocking that a NID owner would place an add describing the dogs as they have done, you will see what I mean when you read it:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  13. juliekelham

juliekelham

Name:
    julie
    chances are its not even a northern inuit probably a cross
  14. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Thank you everyone who sent me the link to the add. From what we can tell it isn't a registered NI, but I will be getting in touch with him. after the weekend If it does turn out to be a NI then he will be given a piece of my mind - his ad is totally rediculous. As you have all already noticed, in that short paragraph he has shown his complete lack of knowledge about breeding and shows him for what he really is.

Thank you for pointing this ad out to us.
  15. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Thank you everyone who sent me the link. I just thought I would update you all, since you were so helpful.

I haven't had chance to get in the touch with the guy until today (what with the show and everything this weekend).

Anyway, I phoned him - he is a complete moron. The dog isn't registered but he got him from 'someone in Glasgow that has a lot of them' - his words! The dog has already sired 4 litters. The man doesn't even know who the dogs sire and dam were and he doesn't seem to care - he couldn't see a problem with using a dog with unknown parentage!

I doubt the dog is even a true Northern Inuit, but I launched into one of my lectures about being irresponsible and also misleading people by advertising it as a Northern Inuit Wolfdog! I told him that NI were not wolfdogs and that we had gone to a lot of trouble proving that point - we dont need anyone going round advertising that they are!

He could not be made to see that he is doing anything wrong - so I reported him to the Admin of the advertising forum he was on. Waiting to here from them but it may take a few days.
  16. PurpleJackdaw

PurpleJackdaw New Member

Name:
    Bev
    Sounds like some idiot just trying to make money :evil:
    I had another look at his advert and clicked the link to view his other adverts and strangly he is also selling a
    12 month old Lab - due to having a new baby ,
    A 8 week old Border terrier x Parson Russell
    And
    A 8 week old Persian x Ragdoll Kitten - due to childs allergy
    :evil:

Seems like the sort of person who uses animals to make money from with no care for them
  17. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Here here:evil: :evil: :evil:
  18. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Sadly there are too many out there doing this sort of thing and its difficult to do anything about it - lets hope the advertiser gets back to me and takes the ad off. We do advertise in a lot of places to counter these ads, but its a thankless task and we can't keep up with all of them.
  19. Spookshow baby

Spookshow baby

Name:
    laura
    I'd place an advert on the same advertising board saying that all Northern Inuit stud dogs need to be on our Stud dog register.
    Bloody Moron that he sounds. Another Idoit with a cross, willing to churn out pups for cash and a kick out of it himself, I would also like to know who is the one he got him from who has 'loads of them' also churning them out aka Puppy farming! Sadly we all have these people lurking within our chosen breeds as seen by all his other adverts. People like this give us a bad name and then we are the ones who are phoned when the new owners find out they have been conned and we then, try to help them out, even if it turns out to be a cross, we still help out, Because we care! oooooooooooooo fair mad now. I have 2 N.I. stud dogs and when it comes to them being used I have a list of things to go through, Is she registered, whats her pedigree, who bred her (so I can check if the bitch has breeding restrictions etc) I want all details of the ladies my boys are going to become prospective partners of, even if only for an hour. If they don't match up or something ain't right then my boys miss out on what they see is fun time but we have standards to uphold and as such we have to make sure we are striving to produce the best possible pups that will grow up to be healthy, strong and well adjusted adults.
    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  20. DobieGirl

DobieGirl New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    Well done guys for clubbing together to bring this bloke down :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
  21. Honesty

Honesty New Member

It's just so frustrating, I get so angry, for Julie, for spookshow baby and for the rest of the NI committee, none of this is helping them to establish the breed, and to get the recognition that the breed itself deserves. There were two adverts in loot for northern inuit pups, and I was upset at them saying "wolf look alikes". Personally, I think it attracts IDIOTS like this fool to buy a dog they know nothing about, just to say they have a wolfdog, or a wolf hybred.

All I can think that he ment by dead tail was that the tail wasn't curly, and it lay low, but then again, I'm not sure even he knows what he means, and the sad fact is, he will probably continue to breed unregistered pups, possable cross breeds, with no idea of the parentage to his dog, so no idea of the lines he will be using his stud dog to, mating direct relatives, or his dog could carry major faults, not that he would even know or care, due to it not being registered, god only knows what it's breeding/health etc are, so no way of knowing. God help anyone dumb enough to use this stud dog. No, actually, if they are stupid enough to go to him for a stud, and not contact the NIs for a suitable stud to thier bitch then they are just as bad as him.
    I just wish that people did thier homework before buying a breed of dog, searched the net, contacted the breed society, met a few GOOD examples of the breed before choosing, not just going for one they see in an ad, not knowing what it is. I wouldn't buy a Welsh A stallion to put to Spooky's or my mares, before knowing his lines, checking his progeny, having a nosy on the net to see if he had been placed highly in any major Welsh classes, contacting the WPCS to see if he was a reg Stallion (just because it's got all it's bits, doesn't mean it can be a registered stud, as only a few make the grade, the rest are gelded, so as to not breed poor conformation etc). Though there are many unregistered welsh ponies, but if you have one, anything you breed will only be a part bred, and that seems pointless, if your aim was to breed a welsh.. so why do so many idiot dog owners do it?

If I could get hold of him, I'd shake him so hard maybe the penny would drop... or some part of his anatomy, and he'd write an advert worded for adults, starting "I'm a loser, I have this dog, could be anything, and it has no papers, I have no idea what it's supposed to looklike, I think it's great and I want to make loads of money by lying to people" Think anyone would put thier bitch to him then?

Sorry, but it upsets me that you all work so hard and it's people like this that throw the spanner in the works.