NI's in rescues General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by k9xxb, Aug 9, 2008.

1. k9xxb

k9xxb

Name:
    Linda

NI's in rescues

Hi, i'm just querying at the moment but does anyone know if many NIs go into rescue? I'm wondering as i would maybe like to take one on but don't want to do the puppy thing again if possible. Also i have a lot more info gathering to do first to see if they would fit my lifestyle as i would like it to be a companion for my leo and also go swimming with her.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated, thank you.

Linda
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    I think you would be best joining the NIS site, they have a rescue and re-homing section on there.
  4. k9xxb

k9xxb

Name:
    Linda
    Thank you. I'll have a look. :grin:
  5. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    If you get in touch with maryann on the NIS site she should sort you out hun :)
  6. k9xxb

k9xxb

Name:
    Linda
    Thank you - I've sent an email to them to see if i can join the site. I'll hopefully hear back soon. :grin:
  7. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
  8. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Sorry :blush:
  9. k9xxb

k9xxb

Name:
    Linda
    OOOPS, SORRY :blush:

Didn't mean to create hassle.

MOD - PLEASE delete thread if necessary. Thank you.
  10. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    There are plenty of dogs of that TYPE that go thru general rescue centres, I know Manchester dogs home has had plenty in and I have seen a fair few at other places.

They may go under the NI flag, or BI, or Ute or Huskamute or goodness knows what else but when in a general rescue it is impossible to identify where their political allegiances lie ............ but a nice dog is a nice dog :) :) :) May be worth looking at your local rescues or asking about!

(I am sure a dog of that type would enjoy swimming - my Mals do, my GSD did and there have been plenty of wet Inuity type photos on here!)
  11. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Can I ask where abouts in Scotland you live??
  12. k9xxb

k9xxb

Name:
    Linda
    Hi, i live in the Fife area. :grin: Well, someone has to, lol.

Ooops just noticed that you are nr Edinburgh - well i'm about 20 mins across the forth road bridge (on a good day, lol). I tend to take my girlie swimming at Lochore meadows country partk
  13. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    Excse my total geographical ignorance first of all. Are you near Catrine?? I ask because there is a Ute/NI Show the last weekend in August, so you could meet up with people there and ask your questions and I would imagine someone will be there from NI Rescue, or you will be pointed in the right direction at any rate.
  14. k9xxb

k9xxb

Name:
    Linda
    Hi Tawneywolf

I'm not sure - i'll have to try and find a post by her and see where she hails from. I think Louise13 may be quite close.

Linda :grin:

ps just spoke to penny from [link containing dog forum removed] (Umm, can i put that?) and she now has my details also.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2008
  15. k9xxb

k9xxb

Name:
    Linda

LOL, did you notice what i done - thought Catrine was a person, lol :blush: I'm about 2 half hrs away, i finish off nights at 6 am that morning so may take a drive through - can i take my dogs with me or is it competitors only?

Tawneywolf Have pm'd you but mailbox is full :grin:

Minihaha - apologies, it wasn't an intentional breach, it was the only info i had on how to describe who i spoke to.
  16. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    there are novelty classes as well, best brace and things like that. You will have a great time. Have emptied my mailbox now!!!!
  17. k9xxb

k9xxb

Name:
    Linda
  18. Kristina

Kristina New Member

Name:
    Kris
    Please be a bit cautious when dealing with Penny. I wanted to adopt an older NI type rescue and i also got in touch with her. She offered me a bitch of a different 'breed name' but similar type for a very high amount of money. Considering my rescue lab was a £120 donation to the rescue they wanted £400 for this bitch! But she sounded perfect for us so i decided to see how it went with the 2 dogs meeting. Everything was set for me to take my dog and drive 4 hours away to meet them and this rehome. I mentioned this breed on another site and was told it had CWD in and i would need a licence for it. When i questioned this (i was very polite) she went crazy and suddenly decided i wasnt suitable for her rehome or any rescue dog?! Just because of the way she dealt with me i would never deal with them again nor recommend them to anyone. Sorry but i am speaking from my own experience.
  19. k9xxb

k9xxb

Name:
    Linda
    Thank you. I'm taking advice from all sides as i didn't know where to start. I'm hoping that all info from the forum will hopefully help me not be scammed/duped.
  20. Dragan

Dragan New Member

Name:
    Dragan
    let me guess... that was in devon ??

wish you good luck in finding the dog you are looking for.
    every rescue i heard of so far just wanted a donation between £100-200..

xx
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2008
  21. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    Penny isn't in Devon:? :?