NIS resignations Controversial

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Cheyenne, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Hi Marie, The AGM minutes have yet to go out to the members. I obviously cannot do it here.

I would just like to hand out an olive branch to all Northern Inuit Dog owners, I am Ian's partner and he & I discuss lots of issues regarding the dogs.
    His resignation isnt a reflection on the dogs, just an issue in the committee which is normal to most meetings if any of you are business people will understand.
    I am Laura Kirkham
    Northern Inuit Society Secretary.
    I love my dogs and those of everyone else who owns one.
    I hate politics and have argued to the degree to the committee.
    I still stand by the NIS.
    I imagine you will all still hate or disagree with me, but Im not a bad person. I just want what is right for the dogs and our members.
    Please dont jump on me.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Hi Luz.
    Can you tell us if some of the "ethics" will be changed now? Like compulsary health tests before breeding, and not breeding from very young bitches? As a large breed, obviously mental and physical maturity is essential before breeding.
  4. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Yes, you will find we have all ethics being done correctly Dawn.
    Hips are compulary for breeding. We are introducing elbows & eyes next year. However VWD & Addisons are unconclusive to any breed, but some are doing it anyway.

How are you Dawn? Seen you on the Hunting Life forum.
    I'm an anti Hunt person myself.
  5. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Hun please don't take me the wrong way,I am not jumping on you :grin: i just want the truth! I hate politices too, hence one reason I left TIDA committee.

I love the dog's too, but there is no hiding the fact there are problems, both with the health, breeding practises and some of the peolpe involved! all I want is for the REAL truth to come out for ALL to see, and the right thing to be done by the dogs/breed all the time and for it to be the uttermost agender! I am not a bad person either, but have been made out to be such by certain NIS peolpe. We have all made mistakes, knowingly or unknowingly, we are but humanbeings!

I will be more than happy to except your olive branch :grin: but I will say what I think and believe as and when, as I expect you to do also. We all need to stand up, not just for this breed, but ALL dogs in general :grin:

To ALL NIS and TIDA committee members - now is the time to do the right thing, be honest, upfront and open to ALL!! I think it is well past the time for it.
  6. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I waited for replies and answered what has been given, if you want any more info I am contactable via...
    e-mail. Link removed
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2008
  7. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Are we banned members welcome back ?
  8. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Laura - is the NIS now taking a stance on not breeding from dogs with epilepsy anywhere in their lines because of the possible hereditary link?
  9. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    The problem with that LS is that they ALL have epilepsy somewhere in their line cos they are ALL related in some way! It may be many generations back in some peds but it is there, as Jeff sampson stated, for it to be this bad so early on in a new breed, it must stem from the founder dogs. So there sadley is no way of not breeding NI to NI without epilepsiy in the line, and all the inbreeding, made up peds and bad record keeping has made it so much worse, we don't really know who is related to who.
  10. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    The scary thing is JK is the breed advisor who created the whole mess in the 1st place.
  11. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

This is where I am coming from, Cheyenne. My dog has epilepsy - a very aggressive form - and his lines go back to the usual ones. I have got short shrift from his breeder on the subject.

I will never sanction breeding from any dog that has epilepsy in its lines because (to repeat myself for the nth time) we do not know mode of inheritance and cannot be certain whch dogs are carriers and non-carriers) - hence my question.
  12. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Im good thanks. :grin:

I ask about age etc with noticing a couple breeders mating bitches very young, under 18mths even, when a large breeds isnt aven physically mature at that age. re hips, thats good, except I couldnt see hip scores for JK's bitches? Is it just that she has forgotten to put them on her site? because of course she is still breeding and registering them.

Hunting life is a good forum, get the wallies there aswell though, Big Cat sightings etc... ban the KC, :mrgreen: met some really good folk through it, aswell as the big head, look what I done types!!:roll:
  13. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    Personally, I suspect that may be a "token" title......
  14. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison

Hi Laura, I am a paid up NIS member (although I have been banned from the forum for no valid reason) how can I request a copy of the minutes please.
  15. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison

If there is an olive branch I will gladly accept it, I hope that all NI owners are welcome to the now more open society. NI owners that voice a strong opinion and ask valid questions do it because they do care about the dogs, if they didn't care they wouldn't get so passionately involved and risk being shunned for speaking out.
  16. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Hang on, no president? I mean there isnt one mentioned, they must have a president! Can I ask the NIS if they are going to elect one?
  17. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Do not think they have to have a president it would depend on the wording of the constitution what officers and committee members the club has.

Thing is do the members have copy of the constitution?
  18. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

"Walk A Mile In My Shoes" is probably used in the wrong context here but a different interpretation is to live as I do, with Loki and his epilepsy and the constraints forced upon us. Then have a think about whether dogs with epilepsy in their lines should be bred from.

I do not resent a second of caring for Loki but I do resent the breeder. Bitter? Yes I am, for the lies.

Health is all-important and non-negotiable. I don't hate but I do implore everyone to get off the fence and make a stand so that more dogs do not have to suffer this awful condition because of the arrogance of 'breeders' who refuse to accept the facts surrounding epilepsy.
  19. lovezois

lovezois Fondly remembered

Name:
    Eunice
    Well said LS . It really makes me angry when I see what you and Rose are going through because the breeder(s) told lies.

I feel for both you and the two Loki's.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2008
  20. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    When the N.I brought out the rule for Hips it stated all dogs born after 2006 to be done, maybe this is y JK's isn't there...
  21. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    It seems to me nothing has changed what so ever just a load of bull.
    Members who asked questions still arent allowed on the forum so they are not prepared to start again and JK is still firmly at the helm they just make themselves look more and more stupid.