NIS resignations Controversial

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Cheyenne, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Rumour has it JK has been given a new position within the NIS...

The role is SHEPHERD

Maryann.. why do you beleive everything you are told??

are you happy that a woman with dog and reptile cruelty convictions has ANYTHING at all to do with a dog society??
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Its not what you dont know you are as bad as JK and all the other crap breeders that dont care about the health of the dogs they breed. Its all the faithfull members that are starting to speak out!! Love the "hidden" threads on NIS :002: :mrgreen:
  4. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    I support change, and providing support to those who are trying to start change. If they are trying to be better, why be dicks about it?
  5. lovezois

lovezois Fondly remembered

Name:
    Eunice
    I too support change if it is for the better but what I see here is that the titles of people on the committee have changed , but otherwise nothing else has

JK ex president now breed advisor is still there only under a different title and while she is there it seems to me that things will not change for the better , she is a bit like The Termintor, I will be back. (and I will lead no matter what title is applied)
  6. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    It is good that you support change:001:

So you support JK being removed as president of the NIS?

And how do you feel about the allergations made by Ian about the underhand goings on in the committee?
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2008
  7. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Now here is an idea, the whole committee stands down, an independent adjudicator is appointed and calls a SGM and the membership, all the membership, can elect a new committee and decide on a new constitution?

The NI owners and members will then have full control over their dogs and the clubs finances for good or bad but at least we, the outsiders, would know who was doing what and why.
  8. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    Great idea but I feel the Puppetmaster might disagree:shock: :?
  9. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Great idea but never going to happen no one willl walk away from there business will they?
  10. dsmem3429

dsmem3429

Excellent idea.

At the moment I know a lot of people are no longer members of the NIS because of all the 'issues' within the breed.

If 'allegations' of underhand, disreputable goings o are being made, in ANY society or organisation, then the way to address that and earn the respect of others is to make everything totally above board, sweep out old practices with a new broom.

There are good NIS breeders but whilst they are members of a society/committee where there is so much hidden then they will unfortunatley be tarred with the same brush.
  11. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle

It's hard to say, because I don't know her, I don't know much about the situation at all, to be honest. I am researching all of it, and have heard from both sides (currently on page 69 of the crywolf site, and I have discussed the issue with people who both support her and do not support her), so I suppose I could say that I have not yet "taken a side."

For those of you who will attack with "well, do you support what JK has done?" I say, I prefer not to make judgments on people that I meet or hear about on forums. I try to wait until I have met someone in person, because on the internet, anyone can create a personality...or a story...to best fit their motive.

As an improvement to NIS? I think that it was a good decision to take her out of the presidency role, simply because her being in charge seems to be creating more negative attention for NIS, and I don't think is fair to the Northern Inuit breed to have bad publicity because of one person. (this is where you all yell about how its her breed that she messed up...blah blah blah...I've read it all before, don't repeat yourself on my account)

As for her being in a different position? I dunno, I guess we'll just have to wait it out and see what happens. Sometimes titles can go to people's heads, and once they are taken out of "that role," they change their view on things. As I have not met her, nor plan on it anytime in the near future, I cannot say if she will change or if she even truly does need to be changed. (nor will you convince me of either way, because I haven't met you either, thus I cannot trust one word over another.)

As for Ian's allegation...it is truly concerning. However, people fight, they argue, they don't agree on points. I have been involved in committees at my university and even those "low scale" committees had disagreements to the point that there were crazy stories floating around. Usually, these stories start with a tablespoon of truth, but by the time it comes around and goes around it is just a load of hot air. I have my own theory about what's going on over there (which I will not be sharing, as I don't need attacks from either side). So for the purpose of answering your question, I would say that I feel that those involved should look into it.

I hope that answers your questions.
  12. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    Thanks for that:001: