NIS - What happens now? Controversial

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Borderdawn, May 1, 2009.

1. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    There is no reason to be peed about that. Though, when invited to join a new forum, it would be nice to know who is inviting you etc
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. dogloverr

dogloverr

Name:
    mark
    i dont see the problem? i think Luz's forum is good.
  4. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Do you know what I would really like to happen now, on here that is?

To drop the politics, put aside likes and dislikes between people, move on from what has been and look to the future, AND maybe work together to help the NI.

We have proven we can work together, ok with a hitch or two lol, but hay is it not worth a go? :grin:
  5. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    I dont think it'd work as everyone has different idea's on how to carry on with the breed x
    It's a nice idea though x
  6. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Ok but how about when it comes to that, agree to disagree give your op and move on? :grin:
  7. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    I can do that but remind me i'll probably forget :lol:
  8. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Pmsl, ok I will do just don't jump me when I do :lol:
  9. dogloverr

dogloverr

Name:
    mark
    i think to do that everyone would have to trust each other. could that happen?
  10. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    I don't think it is possible. The people who created the NI haven't achieved what they wanted, that is a wolf looking dog, and the breed now has several names and different clubs etc that it is pointless. They will not work together. There is no hope of the breed being recognised due to the many different names the dogs have, and there is still a complete lack of openess.
    To me the only way forward is to start from scratch so to speak. but I can see that falling by the wayside as well!
    Becky
  11. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    They wouldn't need to start from scratch, there is a multitude of healthy N.I's out there, the would only have to be more selective with what they were using, and obviously make sure the relavant health tests were done...
  12. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    They would need to start from scratch as anything even remotely connected to NI's etc simply would not have any respectability!
    Becky
  13. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    What happens now?
    I doubt much will change, anybody not towing the line will be booted out in favour of those who will.

For myself ive found out all i wanted to know about the history / creation of all the types by looking at all sides and coming to my own verdict based on the credibility of people i have talked too. Ive found out as much information about my own dogs lines as is possible taking into account the pedigree mess and hearsay's in lines i will never be 100% sure of anything eg: Ive got dates of birth that would make it impossible for some dogs to have been sire's so that alone throws out what's likely in my dogs. Without DNA testing there's little point taking it any further. I've helped a few others along the way with what i uncovered and annoyed many by my constant questions. I'm done with the politics of it all, i've spent far too much time on it although in some ways its also been facinating. I've met many good people and a whole lot of liars, backstabbers and downright monsters, how some of them sleep at night is beyond me.
    So thats it, my final post on the politics, see you all around the other threads :002:
  14. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Ok, this is how I see this. This is simply my personal opinion and not intended to offend anyone. In no particular order:

We do not know what the long term goal was, if there was one.

As Liz has mentioned the truth will probably never be known and yes it is a new breed and records could've been kept etc but it seems they were not. So we either work with what there is now, or give up.

Ref wolfy looking many people on here will tell you (and I guess owners of the Sibe and the Malamute also), that many members of the public ask if the dogs have wolf in them. I do not tell anybody that NIDs are supposed to look like wolves but many people do make wolf refrences. When you look at wolf hybrids on the net , (US) , there are many hybrids that resemble NIDs, Husky/Mal.

There are far too many people that are breeding simply for financial gain. Any dogs are being used. People who have never bred before and people that have always bred something or other (eg no animal is simply a pet) , just to make a quick few pounds:evil: It is natural to think your dog is the best in the world and most of us could do with a few extra £££££ but some of us have decency towards our dogs (and the breed) and refuse to use our dogs (who don't meet the standard enough), in such ways. This may happen in all breeds but I guess because this breed is so new and numbers are lower than established breeds the damage is greater.

Lets have some statistics to back up what has been said ref health, evidence. It is easy to say I know someone's whos dog has this and that, prove it! Of course people want to know what issues surround the breed.
    We have heard on more than one occasion that the reason things are not forth coming, is because they will all be in The Book I have been hearing this for approx 4.5 years. So lets assume there is a book being written, (even though there is nothing to support this) when is the book going to be published? Give us a date , a publisher? Then we may have some belief and I am sure most owners would want to buy a copy.

How many different fractions are there:?: I see that there is TIDA and the NIS. 'The British Wolf Dog Club', is just that, a club for dogs crossed with the SWD and the CWH or the pure CWD and SWH.

Will TIDA and the NIS ever work together, who knows, I know that they have a better relationship than in the past, I guess we just have to wait and see.

Is there a future for these dogs? Hand on heart, I hope so.

Time will tell.
  15. dogloverr

dogloverr

Name:
    mark
    i think that if it is to succeed then it needs to be a new club and a fresh start with correct records kept.
    the existing clubs appear to be considered a joke by the majority so theres no mileage left there.
    New club, new start, new ethos.
  16. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I agree but it wont happen. Too many like the benefits of being in control.
  17. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I quite like the positive aspect of this post. How many dogs does a breed start from? Surely there are more than enough, decent quality NIDs , ref health, temprement and the correct look for the breed to carry on, positively, for years to come:grin:
  18. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    So very well said as always Nes!!! I would buy that book and I have yet to own a Northern Inuit :) I think the only way forward for the breed is for everyone to work together for the greater good of the breed. Nes which group is Lorainne with as she and the NIS seem to be able to communicate and work for the greater good of the breed. I would love to see this breed thrive and have a great future ahead of them as they are wonderful dogs in looks and temperament.