Northern Inuit Dog and Utonagan - Owners Thread Discussions

Discussion in 'Utonagan' started by Kalasin, Jun 2, 2010.

1. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I will keep my fingers crossed for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    At long last xxxxxxxx I just adore these two xxxxxxxx More pics needed xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  4. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    My Shadow (Silver Shadow ,RIP):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    Nes I really love Silver Shadow he really is stunning!!!! This is the look I want in an NI, silver grey mask or no mask but temperament has to like cats and children. I know you said Shadow was good with your cats bless him!!!! May I ask what breeding he was??? x x x
  6. bint

bint New Member

Name:
    Susan
    Lovely photo's of your Silver Shadow werewolf. Bet you still miss him loads:-(
  7. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    See i love the ones with a full mask rather then the white face. I love Ela's colour with its mix of red and browns. When we were getting Raina though i really wanted a lighter colour and i also love the silvers.
  8. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    He was perfect, the most well adjusted dog. He was fabulous with the cats. He was from a lovely breeder, who has lots of cats:grin: . Father is Ammik , mother is River, so much about him reminded me of his mother:grin: xxxx
    Thanks xxx I still grieve for him now.......

Yes, I know what you mean. Shadow did have a faint silver down his nose but it was not a mask xxx If I had input ref the breed, my idea would be to aim for NIDs with full face masks.
  9. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Raina does have a full mask as well but the hair under her eyes is so light cream against the white is doesnt show up on photo either.
  10. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I wouldn't say Shadow has a full mask(as it was so light) , although technically maybe you could've said that xxx

I love the colouring, don't get me wrong, look at Thunder, his is very similar. But to aid with uniformity of the dogs, to give the breed a better identity as well, it would be nice to have some continuity ref 'the look'. IMO.
  11. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    I do love the sliver ones but I do like the mask as Kyle fitted the bill perfectly lol ;-)) Would love to know how you picked Raina as a pup as that litter was incredible!!!! x x x

12. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    Awe Nes I know how you feel as I still remember my silver boy Wallace and there is a lot of him in Neo. I dont think I've ever seen River??? Any photos for a reference point???
    I absolutely love these dogs!!!!
    Luv Valerie x

13. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    The only ones I'm not keen on are the saddle backs as to me personally they don't look like NI's. Beautiful dogs though!
  14. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Don't think I have any on this comp. Will look about for you Valerie. I don't just mean looks, I mean his character BTY;-) xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Though he did have his mothers stunning yellow eyes xxxxx
  15. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    no i'm not over keen on the saddles either. The black and whites dont do much for me either but i can see why others like them.

We picked Raina because i wanted an outgoing girl with a bit of bossyness about her. We both fell in love with Kyle but didnt have the room for a Dog with Ela. Of the 4 girls there were 2 dark and two light, i was more drawn to the light girls and Raina had the full mask. It took a few visits but she just stood out as the one for us, i think this is what happens in a litter there will be one that stands out as being the one for you.
  16. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    A Short Tale xxxx

As Puppies xxxxx
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    First Howl
    [​IMG]
    Which Turned into This:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They Love to Dig!! Forget Having a Lovely Garden Left!!
    [​IMG]
    Teach Them While they are Young!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They can be Very Sociable xxx
    [​IMG]
    And Child Friendly xx
    [​IMG]
  17. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I am not a fan of the saddle backs (no offence anyone or the b/w (again no offence), though I have seen a few really nice ones, although they tend to be the ones with silver in their coats alongside black)

Rachel , just out of interest when you say full mask , do you mean around the eyes or with the nose bar? To me it means full mask as in Shunka's facial colouring.
  18. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    Oh my God those photos are wonderful and Kaliska is such a beautiful fluffy puppy!!!! Love them all!!! x x x I'm not keen on the black and white either but Vienna has the most beautiful face, just have a preference for the silvers and not wanting to hurt of offend anyone.
  19. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Vienna is a stunning girl and one of the black and whites i would be happy to own. Again not saying they are better or worse then any other colour its just my prefrence.

By full mask i mean around the eyes and down the nose.
  20. Kalasin

Kalasin New Member

Name:
    Kalasin
    OMG look at that hole!!! :lol: and I thought my garden was bad!

Great pictures though. Kaliska as a puppy is just gorgeous. I think I'm in love!
  21. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    Oh my they are gorgeous!!!! x x x x