Northern Inuit Guard Dog!!? General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Louise13, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    try telling Kia that ... loves the sound of her own voice,very gsd in sibe's clothing...pants guard tho :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Bit like GSD's ;)

As to big looking.....I think some are just plain big! :lol:
  4. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Totally agree Tassle. Tbh I haven't looked at the picture of the NI is question, I must do so.
  5. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Will do. I know one or two breeders of Utes who have loads of pictures from the Eddy days, but we certainly did take pix right from our very first visit to see her, so we must have the negs somewhere if not the prints, although it is possible we videod'd as our video camera was still working back then. I will have a good look, but can't promise. I certainly have loads of pix of Hal of course, who was bred by Eddy, and am more than happy to put these up, but some earlier ones would be better.
  6. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Good post Razcox, and very true. I always thought that Hal looked very scarey ... I never deterred anyone from thinking otherwise, but the truth was if anyone had broken into our house, if they were female he would have goosed them to death, and if they were male he would have rearranged their tackle such as to scare them witless most likely !! Hal hardly ever barked, he woo woo'ed and his son, Ben, does too. We are looking after Ben at the moment for his owner who is in hospital, and it is creeepy how like the old git he is in certain ways. Makes my heart flip over sometimes.
  7. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Gobby !! Bless her :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  8. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    They are indeed, and boisterous with it, loveable rogues most of 'em, but as I've said before, my personal opinion is that there seems to be more aggression amongst the NI's now than the Utes, no offence meant and hopefully none caused, I am just stating it as I see it. I've PM'd you Tassle.
  9. Kristina

Kristina New Member

Name:
    Kris
    Interesting thread. I havent seen the advert but i hope the dog finds the best home possible for him.

Regarding aggression - neither of mine have ever shown an ounce of people aggression. And neither are dog aggressive. Vienna was attacked by a gsd when she was younger and now is wary of gsd's that bark at her. She will square off with them but has only once got into a tangle with one. Neither dog was hurt and it looked to be a lot of hot air and scrabbling around. Quinny can be mouthy and bark on occasions but loves other dogs. The smallest mutt barked at him yesterday on our walk and he shot off tail inbetween his legs with the barker close behind. Made both us owners laugh til it hurt! This small mutt was not much bigger than Quinns head yet he was giving him the right run around!

Regarding guarding. Vienna once saw my reflection in the conserbatory back door, late at night. Hackles up and the most threatening growl and teeth bared i have ever seen!! She stood in front of me facing the door and really looked threatening. Scared the crap out of me at the time until i realised it was my reflection she was growling at!!! (was alone in the house at the time) Never seen her do anything like it since. Neither of mine bark at the door - Vienna never barks full stop cept when playing with other dogs. MOstly Quinn just barks at the hedgehogs that come in the garden in the middle of the night......

xx
  10. Kristina

Kristina New Member

Name:
    Kris
    P.S would love to see photos of the early dogs if they can be found :) x
  11. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Can't find the ad - can anyone guide me? Thanx.
  12. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    pmd you xx
  13. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    All my NI's will bark if anybody comes to the door or fence. One in particular is an extremely good guard dog and will not allow any strangers into the house if me or my OH are not there. If she is at my parents house my mum cannot let anybody into the house if Liadan is there and we are not.

I do know the difference between a guard dog and an agressive dog. Part of our dog club trains schutzhund and personal protection. Whilst I have not trained any of my own dogs in this I have worked with others.
  14. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    hi :) living with a csv..i now know the meaning of 'guard dog'.. my collie is a 'watchdog' tell-tale lol.. my n.i is 'gobby'(gobby is what i think alot of peep misinterperet(sp lol) as guarding imo)..but the csv............
    no barking,on throwing himself at the door,just a low intent rumble.......i wouldnt mess with him ;-),i used to be fine about giving someone my keys,to pop in forsomething...i wouldnt now ;-)
  15. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    i was going to do this with Tupac...but the thing is,csv's can tell the diff between a real threat and a fake one...training falls into fun,as they know its not 'for real' :roll: :roll: :roll:
  16. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Thank you darling, extremely kind of you.

I would say that that dog is no NI. Far too "ruffy", too stocky, far too big a head. However, it is of course difficult to tell without seeing the dog in person, but if my life depended on it and I had to say one way or the other, I would say that is a pure GSD or maybe even a GSD x wolfcross. This particular mix can produce some massive dogs, and that dog looks one BIG boy ! As I say, the camera can lie in terms of angles etc., but I would say definitely not an NI.
  17. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Nonetheless, he looks an absolutely beautiful dog. I really hope he goes to a good home bless him.
  18. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hal was very like this Tupacs. He was no sentinel, he would not bark, throw himself at the door etc. etc., he would just pad silently and sit down and look. I would far rather face the barking dog than the silent wolf any day !!

However, he would woo woo out of the bedroom window and standing up on our back fence at his mates as they went past in the field, throwing his head back and howling.

Tai is very similar too, he just pads to the door and stares intently at it. We are supposed to be able to see through the walls and know that he is telling us there is someone at the door! If we don't respond, he will come and stand in our line of vision and huff ... again, magically we are supposed to be able to interpret this as meaning"come and look".

I really wish I could speak and interpret their language as well as they can read us :roll:
  19. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Shame we can't see a copy of his papers.
  20. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Thought I would pop the pic of the lad on here:

[​IMG]
  21. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    He is a beautiful looking dog isn't he, whatever he is. Hope he finds a good home.