Northern Inuit Guard Dog!!? General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Louise13, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    He looks very much like a GSD x NI bitch i know. Poor baby hope he finds a new home
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Spent hours this morning going through boxes of pix and albumns, and couldn't find any pictures from our visits to see Eddy. I am wondering whether we took our video camera, which has now long since packed up. I will look through our video cabinet and see if I can find anything.

I've got hundreds of Hal of course right from 6 weeks old up until just before he died, but I cannot find any taken at Eddy's.
  4. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    The wrong ones, sadly :cry:
  5. Kalasin

Kalasin New Member

Name:
    Kalasin
    Having 3 Northern Inuits and a GSD in the house today all I can say is that Kiba would be a rubbish guard dog. He doesn't bark, doesn't stand intently, he just sits at the door and waits for me to let people in.

Now, when they ARE in if he gets excited he will WOOWOOWOO at them which quite often gives people a bit of a fright because at 10 months old he is still an enormous dog (taller than the male GSD I have in). He will also jump up which I am desperately trying to train out of him.

Now on the other hand, when I have this GSD in, if anyone dares to knock on the door he is straight over there, barking his very deep bark whilst Kiba and the two girls wander over to see what's going on!
  6. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    One of my NI will bark like a maniac if someone comes to the door and will try to push by to get outside.. i don`t think he would actually harm anyone.. but he does growl so you never know.. my bitch on the other hand doesn`t even bother going to the door and has never barked.. the most she does is wooky talk or a quiet humfing.

So what i`m trying to say is they`re all VERY different in their temperaments.

I do hope this lovely boy find a new home.. regardless of his particular personality.
  7. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Very sad, sounds like hes a bit of a handfull, probably hasn't had the best start and now the family re homing him can't cope, you see adverts in PAH all the time for all sorts of breeds around this age, such a shame :(
  8. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    One of mine does a good GSD 'Guard' impersination. If someone comes to the door and he is in a room where he cannot see out of the window, he will kick off.
  9. D&Q

D&Q New Member

Name:
    Shell
    Gorgeous boy, hope he gets the right home:-( he looks very much like a GSD to me thou.
    As for advertising him as a 'guard' well.............. when i think of my 2 guarding it,s a no go PMSL.
    I have 2 utes and none of them are in any way, shape or form 'guard' dogs . Diesel has the most ridiculious bark EVER:blush: he sounds like a miniture poodle lol. He doesnt bark very often ( thankfully) he does however do the woo woo thing and is sooooo funny, he sounds like scooby doo. Quinn, when he barks, again not very often, does at least sound like a big dog lol. I done Shutzhund for many years with my GSD,s and have tried it with my utes. Although they do the obedience and Quinn loved the tracking NONE of them have it in them to do the protection work, they just dont have the drive for it:) .
    However having said that when ever a stranger enters my house or we meet someone while out walking Diesel will position himself between the person and my youngest son,who is 5, There has never ever been any sign of aggression or even fear from Diesel but he has done it since he was a pup, although my youngest son is very much Diesel,s fav person in the world ,when i put the bairn to bed Diesel lies outside the bedroom door until he gets up in the morning 8)
  10. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    I didn't realise he was so close to me, I have sent a message to Alska asking if it is her boy, could very well be going by his age, I know she had a white boy in a litter of 2 last year, I really hope who ever the breeder is does come to recognise him and take him back xx
  11. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    I phoned the lady who had Kiaser, he has since been re homed on a 2 week trial with strict instructions if things don't work out he will go back to her, which since she is Kaisers 3rd home from being a puppy is very admiral of her, I have offered to help as much as I can with him in the event he ends up back with her too, don't know how I never met them as they walk in the same haunts we do...
  12. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Oh bless this poor boy. I really hope it works out for him this time , I also hope that if it does not , that he goes back to the lady and she takes you up on your kind offer.
    It makes me wonder how many of these older dogs we see on these adverts have been rehomed numerous times:?: :-(