Northern Inuit Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Discussion Thread, Feb 25, 2005.

1. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    can i just add that the Northern Inuit society was primarily set up to monitor and regulate the breeding of the N.I and to protect the public from unscrupulous breeders trying to make a quick buck from selling their dogs advertised as wolfdogs or suchlike, like me, most registered breeders have a breeding restriction clause in their contracts. Also, any other inuit breed you might hear about are N.I's under a different name, and probably having other breeds crossed with them,it seems that some people were'nt satisfied with the N.I as it is and deemed it necessary to add breeds such as the czech wolfdog (illegal without a license in this country). beware of who you buy from,make sure it is a registerd breeder with the N.I society, we know the temperament of our breed is second to none, which cannot be said of anything crossed with czech wolfdog, who's temperaments i hear can be unreliable. i am not maligning the cwd but , most are kept in enclosures and are not really family pets.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Spookshow baby

Spookshow baby

Name:
    laura
    It is funny that those who are breeding the crosses or the bad breeders are the ones who constantly bad mouth other breeders, mainly to con the public in to buying from them. 1 such 'breeder' does so on her website which is being looked into with view to taking court action via the society.
    It is such a shame that certain persons believe they know the breed fully when in fact they poo poo all other breeders like those who have been with the breed from the start and yet they breed anyway and then blame all their own mistakes on the society. easy thing to do is to cast blame, They then can not accept that they themselves are wrong.
  4. Frontera

Frontera

Name:
    Russell
    hi im actully looking for a northern iuit puppy at the moment,any help or advice anyone can give me would be greatfully recieved.a point in the right direction to buy a good quality puppy would also be good
  5. Frontera

Frontera

Name:
    Russell
    im so excited im going to meet two northern inuit breeders at the weekend,one a lady called sue has a litter of puppys at the moment
  6. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    all the best with puppies!
  7. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I am sure you will have a great weekend meeting NID pups and breeders. I have seen some pics of Sue's litter and they are gorgeous:smt007
  8. ellenlouise

ellenlouise New Member

Name:
    Ellen
    Hello everyone. As you all know I own Kia a N.I X GSD who is around 13 months old she is very well behaved and her training is going so well now. She adores other dogs and now feel the time is right to start looking into another puppy. We have reasearched and reasearched and really feel the Northern inuit is the puppy for us. As Kia is so inuit herself we feel it would be the perfect match. Now all we need to do is find a reptuable breeder. I feel it is imprtant to form a relationship with the breeder first so you learn to trust each other. Anyone recommened anyone. Also any advice would be brilliant. We are in no hurry just would love to find the perfect companion for kia.
  9. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    Sue's a lovely lady & the pups look nice too, I'm sure you'll have a great day visiting them.
  10. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    well i still haven't met 1 and it seems like theres a lot breeders near me.

so who has 1 and is the closest to me????
  11. Phoenix

Phoenix

Name:
    Elaine
    Frontera - good luck with visiting the NI breeder. Who is the other breeder you are going to visit?

I here you had a funday at the weekend - it would have been great to see these dogs. Are there any more public events coming up - so we can come and see the dogs?
  12. Frontera

Frontera

Name:
    Russell
    well im going to newark to meet two breeders and there packs ,think one of them has ten and the other eight.
  13. Frontera

Frontera

Name:
    Russell
    im going to meet sue,who has a litter of pups at the minute,and julie who started the breed and is chairperson of the northern inuit society
  14. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    where are you in notts? if your close can i see your little 1 if you don't mind.
  15. Frontera

Frontera

Name:
    Russell
    i live in eastwood,but when i get my baby i will quite happily bring her [or him]to see you:grin:
  16. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    ohh im in long eaton if you know it.
    if not i will meet you 1/2 way in notts....
  17. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    Julie is the President of the Northern Inuit Society not the Chairperson.
  18. Phoenix

Phoenix

Name:
    Elaine
    Thats right - Sandra Curry is Chairperson I believe.
  19. Frontera

Frontera

Name:
    Russell
    hello everyone,had a fantastic day in newark,me the wife and kids spent several hours at julies playing with her dogs,what fantastic charicters they were[missed seeing one of the pups becouse the new owner picked him up before we arrived],we took five dogs for a run on the park,they were raven,ammitt,yana,zuni and pawny.the kids thought it was fantastic and are already talking about havig four so we have one each,ha in there dreams;;;
    then we went to sues and picked are new baby out.
  20. Kristina

Kristina New Member

Name:
    Kris
    Yay! Glad you had such a nice time :grin:

Julie's Raven is my pup's dad and Sue's Eyown (winnie) is her mum.

So have you got some pics of your trip (and your new pup) to share with us yet??
  21. Frontera

Frontera

Name:
    Russell
    sadly no,we were in such a rush to get over to see them i didnt even think to take my camra,will do next time.raven is stunning big lad