Northern Inuits Questions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Tan's mum, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Where did I say crap dogs?? I said CRAP lines..Its the breeders fault their lines are crap cos they don't put enough effort into making them better

Yes as I was saying..I refer to the statement above..just cos a website looks flashy doens't mean they are any good!!! Their lines started off from dogs who aren't KC regd..from puppy farmers advertised as guard dogs!!..his original dogs were NOT health tested before his first litter.. they have bred a lot of litters in a short time....This pillar of the community that you seem to think is wonderful has been seen "disciplining!" his dog at shows!!!!!! Nice to see what standards you have!!

Yeah.. the difference is Kirsty..we aren't taken in by a flashy website..true colours have been seen

Probably made up like most of it!!!

Yeah they LOOK serious..about the money!! their dogs were not health tested BEFORE their litters and I have NO respect for them whatsoever.. Words are just words..you should know that

And our views are the same.. I wouldnt touch with a 90ft bargepole!!! The lines these dogs came from were being sold as GUARD DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Werewolf.. you really should learn more about the dogs and breeders in Malamutes..just because a website says they are good doesn't mean they are...

You seem to class SC as a terrible breeder... I think you should introduce these two.. they would get on well!!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2008
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private

Well, I can only go by the website (at this time) and that indicates health tests, if you tell me otherwise and you know of these people, I would take your word for it being as 'yes' it is your chosen breed and I would expect you to know more about them than I. Just as I would expect you to take my word for it, ref my breed and what I have seen and know to be fact or fiction.
  4. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I guess that means as a breeder of these dogs you intend on having no more litters?
  5. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

:lol: I love your straight-forwardness Lou, I was trying to be tactful :mrgreen:

I think most Mal owners who have been in the breed for more than 3 years know of them :)
  6. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Well the hip scoring dates and litter dates are in B&W for all to see...

I would take your word for it if there wasn't another 100 people proving you wrong.. and another 100 people giving proof that there is problems in the breed...

I really don't understand your digging at mals..THEY were part of the creation of your breed!!!!

I never said that there were no health problems or inbreeding in mals.. BUT there is more in NI.. stands to reason there would be does it not!
  7. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    I know you were being tactful.. sadly I was not blessed with that quality :lol:

I think they have had more litters in the 3 years than a majority of people who have been in the breed for a lot more than that!!
  8. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I have no reason to dislike Mals, I think they are quite nice.
    There is no proof Lousie , of course there are some health issues but not to the extent that is being alleged. Written data, statistics etc...? Same old ground, there needs to be proof not propoganda and suposition. Remember these people that are saying the breed is so unhealthy are still breeding from the NIDs. What does that tell you...............
  9. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

Oh, I wasn't saying it like it was a good thing. It was more in reference to past practices.
  10. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    And for the record I have not been over the website with a fine tooth comb, why would I ? I do not intend to get a dog from them. They said they have a strict code of ethics simple as.
  11. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Perhaps:!:
  12. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    And JK website probably looks great to an outsider but we all know the truth there as well.

Why you so concerned with mals when your own breed is in such a mess?
  13. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    So likewise where is the proof against the other questions raise?? The history etc?? Its ALL hearsay..but we are expected to believe that!!

There is proof there is dogs dying, dogs with epilepsy etc etc

Oh I know LOL

And I could say I have the first pink spotted Mal and put it in my website.. I haven't even LOOKEd at their website!!!
    ANd the hipscores I was referring to would be in the BRS!
    They may have a strict code of ethics..just not strict enough!
  14. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    WW your full again, must be a popular member :mrgreen:
  15. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    because of all of the facts about NI that have recently come out I am not planning to breed any NI litters in the near future. That is why I am no longer listed as a breeder on the Tida website.

I may breed an outcrossed litter, but at the moment I have no plans to breed NI.

I am not going to declare that I would never, ever breed another NI. If genetic testing for epilepsy became available or if the mode of inheritance was known or I was certain that the combination of Sire and Dam would not produce an affected pup I would consider it.

But I think that a genetic test for epilepsy is quite far in the future.

No NI breeder can be 100% certain that their dogs are not carriers of epilepsy, and as no one can be 100% certain that the pedigree they have for their dog is correct, all NI breeders that continue breeding are taking a risk.

at the moment I would rather err on the side of caution, than add to the NI mess.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2008
  16. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    WEll done that woman:002:
  17. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

I applaud you for making this decision and think it is a wise one to not breed until things are clearer. I know it must be a hard difficult decision too, so well done you!
  18. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private

Good to hear it, especailly with Marie's ideas about Dakota being a carrier of epilepsy, that could obviously affect both the litter your older bitch has already had and obvioulsy the younger bitch you have. I hope it never shows itself , I do not think it will as I think Marie's theory is wrong but time will tell.
  19. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Oh and Louise going back to what you said about my dislking Mals which I have never said and is untrue. You did say something along the lines that I should be proud of the Mal heritage in the NID, firstly we do not know there is Mal in these dogs secondly if there is perhaps you should be proud of the NIDs. People love these dogs, more so than people dislike the breed I am sure xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  20. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    So are you proud of NI x husky?? or NI x GSD?? are Labrador and Poodle people proud of labradoodles?? NO they think its ruining their breed..

I personally don't see any Mal in the NI at all....

And No I don't think I should be proud of them!!
  21. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    Loving individual dogs and disliking the "breed" are by no means mutually exclusive. We fostered a 6 month old husky/malamute cross recently who was an absolute delight while he was with us and he was very hard to part with. This does not mean that we like/approve of the "huskamute" breed - far from it.

Those of us who own the "component" breeds which (allegedly) made up the NI, can only see the travesty which has resulted. Yes, individual dogs may be absolutely wonderful. The "breed" however, is in crisis and is a real mess. Like Louise, apart from the size of (some) NIs, I can see nothing of Malamutes in them. What I can see in them(unfortunately from my POV) are badly bred Siberian Huskies and GSDs.

Mick