Northern Inuits Questions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Tan's mum, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Have to agree, of those I have seen the only thing Mal is the occasional cap and mask, physically they are nothing like the Mal and none I have come across have the sound hind quarters of the Sibe either most looking like GSD crosses. I suppose one see those bred locally and in other parts of the country they may be better constructed
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    the cap & mask could come from the sibe too.. they are too rangy... look like long legged sibes
  4. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    That of course is true, it is not the length of leg it is the poor angulation and weak back that worry me, they look nothing like either the mal or the sibe, apart from the occasional blue eye which one would assume is from the sibe, doubt it is a border. If asked judging from those I have actually see as opposed to photos they resemble GSD crosses some with long some with short coats.
  5. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    TBH, I don't care where my Luca's cap and mask comes from, I love her to bits and that's all that matters to me.
  6. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Did she wear it for halloween?:mrgreen:
  7. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    WW, of course, it does not matter to the individual owner, they love their dogs and that is all that matters.

What does matter to dog lovers in general is that it is not just the cap and mask that is of unknown origin, the whole of the breed are of unknown origin and there in lies the problem.
  8. Archer

Archer New Member

Can I please ask if you are 100% sure that the dogs you would use to bred these litters are free from any problems.
    Also I doubt very much you would persuade any reputable breeder/stud dog owner to allow you to use their dog to produce such a litter so how will you go about making sure the stud is clear?
    Not 'picking on you' ...purely curious.I commend you for not wanting to add to the NI 'mess' ...wish all the others were as consciencious
  9. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    Of course I couldn't be 100% certain that any dog used had no genetic flaws until there is genetic testing for all inherited diseases, and all dogs are DNA profiled. Breeders of KC breeds also can not be 100% certain as there have been known cases of pedigree discrepancies, and breeders being dishonest about which dogs they have used. But we do know for certain that there have been pedigree discrepancies in the NI, which IMO will hamper the Tida plan to create a genetic map database.

At the moment I am just looking at the possibility, and it is an option I may consider in the future.

Don't think that I am trying to avoid answering the question, at the moment I just don't know the answer.

10. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    One of the things that I have noticed is that almost without exception, the NIs/Utes etc that I have seen are cow-hocked, something which is, unfortunately, very common in badly bred Siberians.
  11. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    That is a problem when a breed become popular I'm afraid, people breeding for the pet market are not at all bothered about the conformation.

Apart from the poor hind quarters some of the fronts are narrow, out at elbow and upright in the shoulder something I have always though was probably a fault coming from the GSD but may be the Sibs are also involved. I must admit to only being familiar with show and working Sibs and not familiar with the pet dogs.

Having, years ago, spent a few years dealing with rescue GSDs I am familiar with the poorly bred of that breed but not the Siberian.
  12. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    Absolutely, she doesn't go anywhere without it :lol: :lol:
  13. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    With regard to a certain bitch being aggressive after puppies, which incidently I dont believe. Isnt there a dog being advertised as needing a new home, that is out of Brodie, by Mahlek Ammik, and its aggressive towards other dogs and cats so must be an only pet? See if thats true, kinda chucks out the whole "aggressive" thingy doesnt it, I mean wasnt Brodie stated as being not suited to living with other dogs? like mother, like daughter!! Not neutered either!
  14. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise

If thats true it would be the FIRST thing that should be done...If agression breeds agression then the last thing that should be done is for this bitch to be bred from