Nose type Discussions

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by bolty, Oct 22, 2005.

1. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane

Nose type

last thread that ill start 2 night prom :grin:

pit bulls have loads of nose types red/blue/brown and good old black (and more)
    pit bulls are banned over hear :evil: , the am-staff has all the same types of noeses or do they? some1 on a pit bull board told me am-staffs only have black type noses same as the norm stafford bull's, but again on the free add's i have seen loads of staffs with red noses and some with blue noses so do staffs have diff nose types or are they just black?
    this is 1 i would like to no

Shane ;-)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane
    i no some white staffs have pink on there black nose but what about a solid red 1 (or blue or even chocolate?)
  4. Jenny234

Jenny234 New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    i dont think staffies have different colour noses. I think its only apbts. If anyones advertising them then they r probs pits i guess? or pit crosses? never seen a staff with a diff colour nose, neither is it in the breed standard?
  5. bobbie3917

bobbie3917 New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    Am staffs and SBTS only come with black noses unless there blue and they may come with a blue nose. if you see Amstaff or Staff with red noses then they are pits. they say they are staff's so they can use the free ad sites.
  6. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane
    there was 1 dog on a free add page that they had on there 4 a while and 1 add has staffy and it was put on there again as a am-staff but she had a red nose
    also this page has red nose old tyme staffs have a look they are verry nice dogs but dont look mutch like the staff i have seen

http://www.unkc.com/mbksbtx1.htm (if the link is allowed ;-) )
  7. Saz

Saz New Member

I have a staffie with a pink nose :roll: :lol: :lol:
  8. bobbie3917

bobbie3917 New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    the link dont work

and Saz :roll:
  9. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane
    have pm'd you the link :grin:
  10. Bobby-Digital

Bobby-Digital New Member

Hi bobbie mostly you are right. An amstaff is not supposed to have a red nose neither is an english staffy. However i have on more than one occasion seen a staffy with a red nose and a darker brown nose. although these are undesirable in the breed standard these dogs were for sure not pitbulls and for sure staffies. The reason fo rthe unusual nose colourings were the coat colours of the dogs. One was a chocolate colour like a choc lab colour which had the brown nose and the other was a liver coloured dog with a red nose. Both these colours are undesirable in the breed standard. Which i think is a bit of adumb rule. These dogs clours and noses looked absolutley beautiful. The liver coloured dog was particularly impressive !
  11. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I have seen red staffords (KC reg) with a red nose before, it is a fault in the standard but it does happen. Liver SBTs (again a fault) will have a red/liver coloured nose, blue staffords almost always have blue/slate colour noses and in some cases you will get some dogs with a "butterfly" nose which is patches of pink similar to that white SBTs have as pups. The ony thing is the only colour accepted by the KC is black but there are staffords with the above nose colours hope that helps.
  12. sooky wa la

sooky wa la New Member

Name:
    Doug
    i have a chocolate english staffy with a red nose her mother has papers but father doesnt. Everyone who sees her says she is pit bull ! is this right she has a staffy boddy but her head is a little bigger than other english staff bitches. can english staffys have a red nose too??
  13. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    Please note the original post on this subject is over 4 years old.

[​IMG]
  14. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    Surely as soon as people start breeding for Colour there will be a lose in Pigmentation, as in any breed!
  15. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    I know of red staffys with red noses, The occasionall Blue sbt has a slight blue nose too....Breeding for a certain Colour is breeding done by morons imo, unless your trying to add more pigment into say a white dog Like the AB or Dogo.