Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever General Chat

Discussion in 'Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever' started by werewolf, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Hazels

Hazels New Member

Name:
    Hazel
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Moon's Mum

Moon's Mum New Member

Name:
    Amanda
    Awww I love all their names and they are all stunning. I'm am very envious :)
  4. Luthien

Luthien New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Oh my, they are gorgeous!
  5. Moon's Mum

Moon's Mum New Member

Name:
    Amanda
    Does anyone know if Sally Sanford is still breeding? There's not much info about her on the net.
  6. Maisiesmum

Maisiesmum New Member

Name:
    Maisie
    Just had a quick look at this thread.

We have a toller staying with us at the moment. He has been with us for 3 long weeks!! Beautiful dog, lovely temperament, very bright, alert and active.

...But the toller scream :shock:

I have been practising my yoga breathing to maintain my sanity. :002:
  7. Hazels

Hazels New Member

Name:
    Hazel
    I don't think so.
  8. Hazels

Hazels New Member

Name:
    Hazel
    Not all tollers scream, and they can be taught not too. But alot do and once heard it's never forgotten :lol:
    Try having a group of tollers near water with tennis balls :shock: At least you can tell they are having fun :lol:
  9. Maisiesmum

Maisiesmum New Member

Name:
    Maisie
    LOL - we took our guest for a walk to the riverside yesterday. Great fun! But that noise multiplied by 3 - I think I'd join in. :lol:
  10. marianne38

marianne38 New Member

Name:
    marianne morris
    We have decided we want a Troller as our next dog,
    within the next year , what are there pros and cons ?
  11. Hazels

Hazels New Member

Name:
    Hazel
    Have you met any? You do really need to meet a group of tollers on a walk with tennis balls and water :lol: .
    They are very intelligent and clever and are very good at training their owners! They need something to do, a bored toller will find other things to do!
    There are a couple of forums just for tollers, if you search for The Toller club, and the toller forum, you should find both of them. One is blue and the other red.
  12. Moon's Mum

Moon's Mum New Member

Name:
    Amanda
    Are there any planned Toller group walks? I'd love to go along. I had a look on some toller club websites but there doesn't seem to be anything planned/upcoming. I would love to spend some time with tollers on a walk (although I've decided that I want one, I haven't yet heard the toller holler yet so I might change my mind :lol:)
  13. Hazels

Hazels New Member

Name:
    Hazel
    If you start a topic on the 'blue' Toller club forum in the toller meets section, I'm sure you will find someone will organise a meet near you :) . Introduce yourself first though :)
  14. marianne38

marianne38 New Member

Name:
    marianne morris
    Yes, i have meet 3, not all at the same time though.
    my Goldie got on brilliantly with them, and i am used to a dog that loves water.and will spend all day retrieving from water.

I will check out the forums.

thanks

Marianne
  15. murph

murph New Member

Name:
    James
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A few of our toller
  16. Luthien

Luthien New Member

Name:
    Helen
    The more I see, the more I want :)
  17. marianne38

marianne38 New Member

Name:
    marianne morris
    Yes, I defiantly want one.

i notice you have a cat, does the toller try and chase the cat, or does the cat put her in her place?
  18. murph

murph New Member

Name:
    James
    She does chase the cat but he is a very unique cat!- he is a Bengal and likes the rough a tumble - they will play and wrestle together all the time!
    She will grab him by the scruff of the neck whenever he walks in the room and he will just lay there; when he has had enough he will pounce on her.
    He will not tolerate the same from our Dalmation.

I will post a video of them playing at some point.
    It doesnt help her chase instinct as she thinks she can do the same with all cats...including our tortoise shell!
  19. Moon's Mum

Moon's Mum New Member

Name:
    Amanda
    Gorgeous, gorgeous doggy :) What's her name? I love the photo with the cat, hilarous naughty paws :lol:
  20. murph

murph New Member

Name:
    James
    She is called Amba and she is now 7 months. She loves playing with Mau our bengal
  21. marianne38

marianne38 New Member

Name:
    marianne morris
    we have 2 cats and a Golden Retriever, our Goldie is really good with cats, he knows if he upsets them then they swipe.
    Also we got our dog as a puppy then 2 weeks later we got a kitten, which always helps. I know Tollers have a high prey drive, so if we get one and the cats tell it off then hopefully it will learn very quickly.

Does your toller try and chase horses ? Or do you put her on the lead quick when you see one?