OMG I have seen it all now a 'Piebald German Shepherd' General Chat

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by liverbird, May 3, 2010.

1. wildmoor

wildmoor Member

Name:
    Pam
    same old S***
    have you not noticed those on GSD forums that constantly throw pup pics in people face and talk a load of rubbish do so to peddle their wares ie pups to the uneducated public.

The regional variety I was referring to was an ancestor of this dog
    [​IMG]

There were many regional varieties involved including a long haired that had a parting down its head with hair over its eyes and a beard do we see that cropping up in a modern GSD lol I dont think so!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    This dogs looks like a Merle Collie to me.

What is it meant to be?
  4. wildmoor

wildmoor Member

Name:
    Pam
    A Tiger,a variety of sheepdog from Southern Germany, they come in long, smooth, rough, curly coat and colours are grey, red, white, tri-colour and occasionally white patched all have the merle factor, known as tiger due to skin, come in both prick and dropped eared 50-65cm.
    They are believed to be the breed behind Australian Shepherds (not sure if that bit is accurate)
  5. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    never heard of them!!!!!will have to research, What do they have to do with GSDs? feel lost!!!!
  6. wildmoor

wildmoor Member

Name:
    Pam
    Sorry Mishflynn
    the GSD was the result of various regional sheepdogs being bred together, some prick eared some drop about 5 different coat types. The early dogs of the above type was one of them along with ones that had beard, long hair over the eyes etc. My point was why out of all the types would one factor not even in any of these breeds start to appear re the white with black patched pups when none of the other unusual aspects of types used such as wire haired or bearded appear?
  7. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    oh i see!!!! Good Point!!!!