Once upon a time General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.

Once upon a time

Well it had to have been after 20 or 22 November 2000 when I moved into this bungalow. Only I have never changed my address so even though I am still registered as living at #55 [was there two years then was at #84 for 3 years] - well we did not have street name back on those days, not that it matters. A friend of mine who had gone to the US for a holiday once sent me a postcard written Juli [in Ivrit] the name of my Moshav [also in Ivrit], and then Israel. In English. And it arrived five days later. No number - I think I was living at #55 at the time.

So - in my mailbox, which was then in my original number, the year after I moved to this bungalow, , there appeared a large envelope with a calendar which a company in J-m supply to schools and English teachers. Same address which is on my ID registration [must get it corrected... one day] and it had my name on it. So I telephoned them and they said if I can use and enjoy it, you are welcome to keep it.

They know I am not a teacher but every year they send me a calendar. It does not have pictures or things like that, but small cartoon-like ones which are to help children to understand different words. Not young children but those studying for their Bagrut - matriculation - and yes, I did used to help some [when I could] with their spoken English and yes, these calendars did help me explain some things.

But I like them - hanging on the wall above my monitor - and I always telephone and thank them.

I never did find who the original calendar was intended for... but they send me one every year.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Must explain. Our calendars go not just by the Gregorian one. which shows, but also the Jewish ones. Dates, holy dates, festivals, candle lighting times. And I do not need these ones because my insurance company sends me one.

I just like these and I love to see them above my monitor.