Only a week to go . . . General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Razcox, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel

Only a week to go . . .

Until we get our new girl! I am sooo excited i cant wait so i thought i would start a thread to dirstract me.

So does anyone have some stories about how there NI/Ute ect has reacted to a new pup in the house? Some pictures would be nice as well . . .
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Inka and Kain were frightened of Toro, and inquisitive, very funny to watch...
    First meeting, look at Inka hiding under the table...
    [​IMG]
    This took 3 weeks to achieve, the boys just wouldn't settle on the couch when she was there...
    Look at Inkas paw, he would love to be able to touch her...or maybe push her off the couch lol
    [​IMG]
    This was the morning after her arrival, my she had them wrapped round her wee body ...
    [​IMG]
    Although they were frightened, they were very gentle...
    [​IMG]
    She knew exactly where to nip for the best results...
    [​IMG]
    Everyone was fed at the same time too, never had a problem, no food aggresion...
    [​IMG]
    Its all blossomed into a beautiful friendship...
    [​IMG]
    My wee sausage and my big Daftie...xx
    All the best with your new arrival, wish it was mine lol
  4. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Aww lovely pictures! Cassie was really gentle with Ela as a pup and enjoys taking on the matriarchal (sp?) role.
  5. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    I'm sure everything will be fine, I've seen my friends N.I around new puppies too and they reacted the same as mine did, very gentle xx
  6. valandra

valandra New Member

Name:
    Purdy
    love the pics, a nice lil story to them as well
  7. SibeVibe

SibeVibe New Member

Name:
    Seoniad
    Best of luck with the new puppy Razcox......really looking forward to seeing pictures :)

Inkli, the pictures are fab. 'The morning after her arrival' had me in stitches.......brilliant!

The last one just says it all :grin:

Take good care.

Seoniad.
  8. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Awww bless, before you know it she will be home with you xxx And of course we expect lots of pics!!!!

New 'ish' Pup pics:

Kaliska's toys got 'taken' off of her!!!
    [​IMG]

These aren't day one pics, but puppy ones nontheless:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thunder day one:
    [​IMG]
  9. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    And Thunder some weeks later!!!

[​IMG]
  10. SibeVibe

SibeVibe New Member

Name:
    Seoniad
    WW you have no idea how much that made me smile........brilliant! :grin:

Thank you.

Take care.

Seoniad
  11. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I just meant that they weren't necassarily first day at home pics xxxxxxxxxxxxx Glad I made you smile though, sometimes I think there is not enough cheer in this world xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  12. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    Don't have any pics to share but I love the ones posted. They all look like they have such strong bonds. Great pics everyone xx
  13. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    Very different here... Selkie and Pharaoh did not welcome Kismet at all... she was met with a lot of this face:
    [​IMG]In act this picture was kaen by just bringing the puppy up out of shot... Pharaoh hated her and was terrified of her.. If she juped up on the chair, gave the face and ran off upstairs... Selkie was no better... She did everything she could to ignore the puppy and pretend it didn't exist as this video shows:

They have muddled along regardless and have a sort of working relationship now. But I don't think you would have this problem. Ela and Cassie don't have the massive age gap that Kismet had to face...

Thought I would share a story that was not such a massive hit from word one, to show that even that is not the end of the world.. They don't have to be the best of friends right off the bat to be a perfectly happy family in the end...

[​IMG][​IMG]
  14. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    First - CONGRATULATIONS.
    We were lucky i think because Ava did not start out as ours but another family members so my two met her on a visit. When she came to live here they were already used to her, after the first couple of days it dawned on Kiesha that this puppy was staying and she did give the puppy a couple of nips but i honestly do not think this was any kind of aggression, just Kiesha showing her the rules. We have had no further incidents since that first couple of nips and they all get on fantastic. If i was you i'd introduce them on neutral territory and have somebody else bring the puppy to meet them.
    Best of luck although i'm sure you wont need it. :002:
  15. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Thanks for all the great photos and pictures! I'm sure it will be fine after all Ela is still a puppy herself really. I will be sure to take lots of piccys to share when she gets here xxx
  16. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    I love these two pictures they are just tooo cute :mrgreen:
  17. girliebiker

girliebiker New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    OOOOOHHHHH puppies!!!:lol: I love puppies!!
    I bet you cant wait.:grin:

When we bought Kalli ( Sansorrella First Class ) home Anoush ran in the house sreaming her head off!!! Denva acted like a grumpy grandad and Indi just pretended she wasn't here!!:roll:

with Indi

[​IMG]

with Denva

[​IMG]

with Anoush

[​IMG]

Now they are all the best of friends!!:lol:

[​IMG]

Cant wait to see the pics of your new puppy!!:p
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2009
  18. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Well here is a pic i was sent of her a couple of days ago

[​IMG]
  19. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    She is looking really cute xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  20. SibeVibe

SibeVibe New Member

Name:
    Seoniad
    Oh I couldn't agree more.....keep it light and don't sweat the small stuff.............unless it's Isaac I'm worrying about! :mrgreen:

Beautiful dogs on this thread. Glad you started it Razcox:grin:

Take good care.

Seoniad.