Our beloved Pressley just crossed the Rainbow Bridge Rainbow Bridge

Discussion in 'Bearded Collie' started by Terry Price, Mar 29, 2022.

1. Terry Price

Terry Price New Member

Name:
    Terry

Our beloved Pressley just crossed the Rainbow Bridge

Pressley came down with Cushings disease 2 years ago at 13 1/2 years old. He managed to do ok til now but grew too weak. When he could no longer climb onto the couch we knew it was time to say goodbye. He did live a long and good life but we still miss him so much. His little sister, Shania, (cousin actually) does not know what to do and continues to look for him. She will be 15 in June and has been with him since she was 8 weeks old.
    We have had Beardies since 1978, and had Pulis before that (and after). We, my wife Louise and I, would love to adopt an older Beardie or even a Puli to keep Shania company. If anyone knows of one somewhere near North Carolina please let me know. shanai.jpg

a pic of Shania waiting for Pressley.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I'm sorry you have lost your pal. I know how that hurts, and it's worse when you see your remaining dog pining. Have you thought about contacting the Beardie Club rescue section. There must be breeders who would be happy to retire a former show girl or brood to experienced owners like yourselves.
    Google: Bearded Collie Club of America and tap on Rescue
  4. rheel287

rheel287 New Member

Name:
    Slee
    My heart goes out to you and poor Shania. You have double the hurt because you are hurting for her, too. I am so sorry.

I put down my 14 yo Dutch shepherd last month. It just never gets easier.

Hugs to you and Shania.