Perfect stafford - what would your ideal Staffordshire Bull Terrier look like? Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by jayne, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Lel

Lel

lol you should see some shows :D :D
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Trouble is Lel I dont think you can ever change their opinions or minds, you can lead a horse to water & all that......
  4. Lel

Lel

I dont think you can, can you ?????
  5. jayne

jayne New Member

well you all posted few replys by time id done my1 lol....but we 4 understand now what were on about regards temp ...good
  6. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    But the fiery temprament couldnt have been too much of a problem back in the day, how many pics have you seen of dogs like Jim & Game Laddie lined up with dogs around them and standing quite the thing? I am sure they were tested dogs too at least I think Jim was anyway, just like somebody pointed out before the dog does not have to be screaming on the end of a lead to have the right temprament quite the opposite usually........
  7. Lel

Lel

With regards to changing judges opinions ( and those of the show people etc)
    Just wanted to show you Gus in his younger days-
    To me he is nice and shapely but the amount of idiots at handling class etc who say *he's too tall* ( he's not by the way) and those who said *try him on Weight & Gain * :roll: :roll: :roll:

[​IMG]
  8. jayne

jayne New Member

the last dog in theese pictures i have brought over from holland and mated him to ffats (jayneze tounge tied)
    75% ovthe dog showworld sbt ppl cant understand why i would use a dog without a bucket ov a head....
    watch this space ill prove them all wrong....im gonna get fit functiona lhealthy staffords :D
  9. Lel

Lel

and Gus has Spirestaff blood in him too :D
  10. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    He he Lel maybe you should have told them theirs needed to loose weight :lol:
  11. Lel

Lel

I shant say what I said... :lol:
  12. jayne

jayne New Member

yes good blood in gus :D

bet he dosnt have trouble breathing in the summerheat

had i not known gus pedigree...id ov still spotted that type/line :D
  13. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    The bit that gets me is NO dog should ever have trouble breathing whether it be in summer heat or after exercise, they should be athletes first & foremost that is what I cant get my head round why it is seen as the norm for some (not yous btw) but for some people to just acccept that it happens when it shouldnt...
  14. Lel

Lel

Laura
    the heavy bucket head dog has NEVER been my type and when I first started showing I found it so frustrating to be surrounded by them . we stuck out like a sore thumb at some shows :?
  15. Emma-836592

Emma-836592

ok these are my dogs Jazz (the big one) is the mother of the rest, what TYPE would you say they are? please feel free to be HONEST !! i will not be offended in anyway :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  16. Lel

Lel

certainly not bucketheads Em :)
  17. Dinahsmum

Dinahsmum New Member

Name:
    Hilary
    Well Emma I'd say they are the best type!

I think this thread has made me happy in my decision not to enter the showing field.

The best staffy is the one who is lying at your feet, springing up to your hand on a seaside walk, kissing your visitors...............or is that just the view of a sentimental pet owner?
  18. Emma-836592

Emma-836592

so not bucket types but WHAT type?? i am interested, as i class myself as someone that doesnt like the 'very' terrier type :?
  19. Emma-836592

Emma-836592

thank you H, but then you are biased :lol: yes to me the best one is the one curled up on your lap or feet, but i am geniunely interested in what type mine actually are because i'm not sure :? :lol:
  20. Lel

Lel

well you have said yourself they are not terrier and not buckethead.
    So................... they must be inbetweenies :D
  21. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Well Emma imo I would say they are the bully type I love all Staffords but for the most part the dogs pictured are too bully for me and I am not so keen on the rather large head and very short nose, but again just my honest opinion they are all lovely dogs :)