Perfect stafford - what would your ideal Staffordshire Bull Terrier look like? Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by jayne, Jan 26, 2005.

1. pete

pete New Member

sorry lel ,your right ,i think i misunderstud your post. :oops:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. StaffordFan

StaffordFan New Member

Exactly. :) :wink:

People giving their ideal always seems to get taken the wrong way. If one like's one ideal and another person prefers another, the context seems to create a " my ideal is better than your" type of scenario, hence a never ending debate or argument alike. Agree to disagree is a noteable point :lol: . Its the way i see it anyways :roll: :p
  4. bigbullz

bigbullz New Member

Well I think they are staffords to a certain extent. Like it or not they were all bred for the same reason, and from the same breed - the 'Bull and Terrier'. So just because they have different names now they are a different breed altogether? I think not. Sorry but JMO, if it has stafford, bull and terrier in the name - its the same to me up to a certain extent.

Tusker, those dogs are awesome, not skinny, not starved but athletes, fit healthy and happy. I'd rather have a slim staff anyday. My dogs can do agility and jump 6ft. People who do not know the breed from years ago, will think these dogs are skinny, but this is how they used to be and should be. I like all staffs but my perfect stafford would be one like Lauras Cassy, or the ones Tusker posted. i do not think I would own a KC stafford. And, we all have our own opinion, so take it any which way you like but thats mine.

Mark
  5. StaffordFan

StaffordFan New Member

But KC Staffords CAN be 18" and fit as a fiddle etc :?: :?: :!:
    Ohh i give up. forget it. :roll:
  6. candie

candie New Member

Name:
    sally
    The original question was valid, i didnt say it wasnt pete!!its just all the bickering and backbiting thats getting boring !! :wink:
  7. Runstock

Runstock New Member

Name:
    Ged
    Why... this may come as a bit of a shock, but you can have your cake and eat it :wink: ... there are very fit, leggy athletic KC dogs out there too. A lean, athletic, healthy dog that can be accurately traced back generations and health tested for future generations sake... perfect :shock:
  8. CBT

CBT

The ONLY way you can have a decent leggy athletic stafford which can be KC regd IMO is to cross with an irish dog and hang the papers, which you may find (yes, I know, tut, tut, shock horror :roll: ) is what has been done on many occaisions to produce these KC leggy staffs you are on about. :wink:
  9. Runstock

Runstock New Member

Name:
    Ged
    :oops: :oops: I have NO doubt certain types of people have taken certain shortcuts with some Stafford breedings. That stuff
    has been going on from the year dot, and will always continue to :shock: :smt015

You are showing your limitations of the breed(s) when you come out with a incredibly niave statement as "The ONLY way" :roll:

The gene pool is massive. It is and always has managed to throw out pure Staffords of EVERY shape and size, good, bad and indifferent.

Try taking of those rose tinted glasses. You might be pleasantly suprised :wink:
  10. CBT

CBT

not naive - just honest! :wink:

of course there are leggier type KC staffs, they are out there, you just have to search high and low for them but they are out there, along with hens teeth, rocking horse droppings and gold dust. :D

I have seen very few KC staffs that fit my ideal of what a stafford should look like, but then we have allready firmly established that what I think a stafford should be, is nothing like the vast majority of owners, breeders, show people, judges etc.

Do you a deal - If I take off my rose tinted glasses will you take the chip off your shoulder? lol

maybe you should post some pics of your dogs, would be nice to see them :D
  11. Runstock

Runstock New Member

Name:
    Ged
    CBT. No chip on my shoulder fella. Just a passion for our "types" of dog.

I just happen to have KC dogs. No axe to grind with any other alternative conformation (with the exception of extreme over heavy shortfaced dogs...tall or short).

The only axe I would ever grind is the, you could well guess here :wink: Breeding issues.

We are probably a lot closer to the ideal stafford than you might care to admit. :lol:

Pics. Try Lel's, Similarities thread :wink:
  12. CBT

CBT

"We are probably a lot closer to the ideal stafford than you might care to admit"

whos "we"?

are you referring to KC dogs? owners of Kc dogs? ?

I dont "care to admit" anything, If I like a dog I will say so, If I dont I will say so. I will have a look at your dogs on the other thread, if I like them I will openly say so, same as If I dont like them I will openly say so.
    :wink:
  13. Lel

Lel

I havent asked for opinions on my dogs CBT so would prefer not to discuss them thanks
  14. CBT

CBT

I was talking about runstocks dogs - I have left comments in the thread after his/her pics.

I dont recall mentioning your dogs at all
    :roll:
  15. Lel

Lel

Written before you posted on the other thread :D
  16. CBT

CBT

no problem. :D
    I try not to offer opinion unless its asked for. I can be bad for opinions that arent popular so I have to curb myself at times :oops:
  17. bigbullz

bigbullz New Member

I know there are some KC staffs out there like that, but not many, and as CBT said, they are usually crossed. These days, you hardly see a nice leggy KC staff. Now I am not saying you never see one, just not so many. I prefer the Irish, mixed staffs, just cos I like them. Do I need any other reason? I think not. My friend has just got herself a little KC staff and she is lovely. But she can't run as fast as my boy was when he was her age. She doesn't leap about for as long without panting. Maybe just the dog she is, they are all different. I actually think she is a lazy little thing. But hey, shes a pup, shes entitled to be.
    There are some good posts here today. Hey CBT, saw the pics of the dogs you posted. Zack is a cracker. Liked the merle one too.
  18. CBT

CBT

19. jayne

jayne New Member

wots your oppinion on dog i have here...spirestaff bobby dazzler..
    in picture he is 10 1/2 year old ill post pic next wen i work out how to :D
  20. jayne

jayne New Member

last pic is dog id like your oppinion on please
  21. CBT

CBT

i prefer the last dog to be honest, it is longer in the leg and has a longer muzzle, it looks more terrier-like than I like to see in a stafford, i like a longer muzzle but the bully head to go along with it if possible, but the dog definately looks functional.