Perfect stafford - what would your ideal Staffordshire Bull Terrier look like? Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by jayne, Jan 26, 2005.

1. pete

pete New Member

jayne dont wether you seen my other post but what other lines would you consider breeding from other than spirestaff ,and what head type are you aimin for, for example like araidh stitch in tyme or smaller.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Naomi

Naomi New Member

Name:
    Naomi
    I like him a lot Jayne.
  4. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    If we are looking to the future and what type of dog we should be breeding this dog pictured below would be a good starting point, perfect in every way, nice ears, nicely set (curly) tail, well balanced, good physique, nice brindling (not too dark, very rich), lots of spirit, great temperament……I could go on, I think we should all be aiming towards breeding and promoting dogs like this in the future:

[​IMG]
  5. Emma-836592

Emma-836592

i am sorry Laura, but that would be changing the breed completely :shock: the dog pictured doesnt much look like a stafford at all, i dont wish to offend but if the breed standard was changed to this, then i would change my breed :(
  6. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    LMFAO Emma It is Kip in the picture was supposed to be a wee bit sarcastic just poking a bit of fun at the thread cause I am in that type of mood, no harm intended just a wee bit of light humour lol :lol: :lol: I am just stirring it up lol. When they made her they broke the mould for good reason too I wouldnt want another one either :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  7. CBT

CBT

i thought it was funny, must share same devious sense of humour!! :lol: :lol:
  8. Emma-836592

Emma-836592

thank god for that Laura :shock:
  9. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    lol I was kind of hoping it would be obvious from the picture lol.

I was just being naughty lol. Wee bit of fun :lol: :lol: altho imo she looks better than some I have seen that ARE Staffords lol.
  10. Emma-836592

Emma-836592

:oops: i hadnt posted in this topic for a while, just been following the replies, but i HAD to respond to your post, should have known though :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  11. pete

pete New Member

laura well that depends on what you regard as a stafford ,just a little bit of cheekyness back at yer :wink:
  12. CBT

CBT

she looks very healthy and athletic laura, raring to go infact :D
    if she didnt have those amazing radar lugs she wouldnt be far off the build of some of the irish dogs
    could you not put a hair scrunchie or a hairband or something over her head and round her ears to keep them down?

(just kidding :lol: :lol: )
  13. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    He he Pete very witty, I can take it as well as give it, nothing like a wee bit of banter to lighten the mood........

lol @ CBT Dumbbells could not hold those things down, when you see her in the flesh (may bring her along to the next "meet" if I am feeling brave :shock: ) you will appreciate just how big they are lol. She is very alert to put it mildly, bane of my life that dog but i love her for it, full of character just she seems to think she is about 3 times the size of what she actually is lol.

Now for an example of a good looking dog, came accross this today on Reids website although I have seen the owner post pictures of this dog on his board in the past none have really showed her fantastic physique (irish bred bitch):

[​IMG]

[/img]
  14. CBT

CBT

nice :smt023 i like to see a bit of muscle on a lively looking dog :wink:
  15. pete

pete New Member

she looks a extremely fit dog laura and very powerful hind legs
  16. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Oooooooppppss posted same post twice so deleting it here rather than leave it repeated...
  17. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Okay here are some KC dogs that fit my idea of how a Stafford should look, all are KC regsitered Staffords and imo if the breed heads in that direction it can only be a good thing cracking examples especially the dog Mason...all nice and fit, not too overdone either way (i.e. too bully or too terrier, too small or tall) nicely balanced. But again just my honest opinion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. CBT

CBT

nice dogs :wink:
    i like the look of the black dog best, but they are all nice looking dogs
  19. CBT

CBT

hey laura I think you started a fashion trend with those hurricane collars :D :D
  20. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Nah I was the one following the trend :oops: :roll: :lol: seen them on a few dogs and decided I wanted some then when I had them realised they were actually worthwhile as theyre really strong & durable and good on the neck cause theyr 2" thick......I like the black one best too, really good condition.
  21. minty

minty New Member

Name:
    Graham
    the perfect stafford ...would be a dog 18 inches tall brindle clean lipped and weighing in a fit 43 lbs along with a bitch 16 inches tall clean lipped weighing in 33 lbs fit but at 14 months old unfinished who happens to be the above dogs grandaughter and both of whom happen to be lying in front of my fireplace and own me that is my idea of the perfect staffords