Perfect stafford - what would your ideal Staffordshire Bull Terrier look like? Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by jayne, Jan 26, 2005.

1. StaffordFan

StaffordFan New Member

Waooowwwww :shock: :p looking over the websites i had posted before. I in detail looked at all the web sites individually. I do see where there is alot of variation. This KC fella looks as fit as <<from website>> http://verbal.50megs.com/

Some awsome piccies :p :p :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. StaffordFan

StaffordFan New Member

:shock: Woobeedoo :!: :!: look at you :!: :!: :p

Beautiful condition

4. craig

craig New Member

THESES ARE ALL REALY NICE WEE DOGS VERY FIT LOOKING
  5. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura

Okay then lol. That website link you posted does not work :( . I agree Misty is a beautiful dog in beautiful condition really puts my dogs to shame.
  6. pete

pete New Member

i dont think that she does laura maybe she was conditioned like that for that perticular day ,even so i think they could easily be mistakin for one another :D
  7. StaffordFan

StaffordFan New Member

The website link works for me Laura :? Try it again maybe :?:

http://verbal.50megs.com/

High-light then cut and paste into the address bar if you cannot click on it directly :?: :!: :?:

Maybe im doing something wrong :oops: , but works for me ok :D
  8. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Yep tried that Stafford Fan also tried just clicking directly on the link you posted and it still does not work :? Just keep getting "cannot find server" although I can get on other 50 meg pages.

Thanks Pete, I just wonder the work it must take to get a dog into that shape :shock:
  9. pete

pete New Member

suppose like boxers and athletes they keep feeding and training secrets very close to there chest so guess ill never know :(
  10. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I guess good feed & lots of exercised all properly balanced. I am sure with the right dog & lots of hard work it can be achieved...
  11. StaffordFan

StaffordFan New Member

12. bobbie3917

bobbie3917 New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    [​IMG]

this is pritty close to my perfect KC Stafford she is a little sorter then i would like but other wise what i love in the Breed. but as for my perfect stafford over all well i have never seen 1 i would die for

Natalie
  13. pete

pete New Member

shes lovely :D
  14. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Yes she is beautiful Natalie got a really nice expression on her face:)
  15. Shadowboxer

Shadowboxer Fondly Remembered

Name:
    SB
    May I ask, without sounding critical, disparaging, censorious, or whatever (which I am not) why do the Staffords wear such wide collars? I don't think they are flattering & it doesn't 'look' right/comfortable to me (never owned a Staff), & I wondered if it was something to do with neck-head proportions, i.e. whether a narrower collar would slip over the head? Don't jump on me people :)
  16. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I guess its just personal preference Shadow Boxer there are some things I dont find flattering on some peoples dogs like pink poodles or nylon harnesses but its just my personal taste. The thing is I do think they are flattering, but that is jmho.

The collars in question, which my dogs also wear, I use because I DO like the look of them, they are very strong and durable and one of my dogs is a puller and I find the 2" collars much better on her neck and less likely to do as much damage as say 1" collars I know people who have had them years so they are worth the £20 they cost too. I think though that sometimes they look a lot bigger in some pictures than others, I have to say I also put mine in traditional collars if we're going out the thicker ones are usually for long walks or in the fields etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. Lel

Lel

Part of it is just tradition :D
    The leather ones with the brass or nickel decorations usually contain the staffordshire knot or the staffordshire rose :D

They do come in a variety of sizes though so its just personal preference.
    Mine dont wear the thick ones as they would look silly
  18. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Do you think the thick ones look silly Lel?

I think Shadow Boxer was just talking about the 2" Nylon collars that quite a few dogs sport.....
  19. Anne

Anne Global Moderator

Name:
    Anne
    Like Laura said its just down to personnal preferance. I myself don't like really thick collars and my lot wear ones similar to the one on Laura's second picture. For long walks they go on lupi harness's as their all abit head strong and tend to drag me all over, so much easier for walking a couple of dogs together.
  20. Lel

Lel

depends on the collar and the dog Laura :D
    Cassie suits hers :D
    but I actually meant my dogs personally would look silly in an overly thick collar because they arent heavy dogs and the collar would swallow their neck :?
  21. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Yep I agree girls personal preference, you could put a staff in a pink diamonte collar and it would still look good to me lol.