Perfect stafford - what would your ideal Staffordshire Bull Terrier look like? Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by jayne, Jan 26, 2005.

1. pete

pete New Member

i think its defintely personal preference and sort the right tool for the right job so to speak,i think for the more sporting staff theyed were like lauras cassey's collar and show people a samller one with lotsa brass and nickel ,you try showin with the bigger collar and it wouldnt sit right when liftin it up to stack the dog ,but try taken a dog for a good 5 mile walk pullin with a show collar and see how far he gets pullin on that before he cant breath. horses for causes imo.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Good point Pete I couldn't agree more :wink:
  4. CBT

CBT

i prefer a harness for walking my staffs, I am not a big fan of collars tbh, mind you putting a collar on an over exhubant staffie is much easier than trying to get their harnesses on lol :lol:
  5. Shadowboxer

Shadowboxer Fondly Remembered

Name:
    SB
    Thank you for your replies :) I did, of course mean wide collars rather than thick :) Laura, the photos are lovely. I must admit I prefer the collar in the second one, looks more comfortable & shows off the lines of the neck better, but I take your point about the wider ones being easier on the neck. Not sure how to put this, & hope you don't mind my asking, but, when the dogs were doing their traditional 'work', did they wear wide collars for protection or no collars at all?
  6. StaffordFan

StaffordFan New Member

:idea: My belief is that the wide collar is to take up pressure while a dog pulls or lunges :?: :?: So it will not damage or choke them while doing so :? just what i imagine peeps :)
  7. Bluepaul

Bluepaul New Member

perfect stafford

Hi ragga_dood

I just joined this forum as i am stafford man and saw a photo of your dog Tye, what a cracker that is my kind of Staff.
    Can i ask what is his lines?

Cheers
    Bluepaul
  8. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Hi SB,

I dont think they wore any at all.

Laura
  9. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Hi Blue Paul,

I am just butting in here the dog you mention I dont think is Raga's dog it is just one he liked the look of. It is featured on a UK Stafford website.

Go to:

www.cosmos-staffords.co.uk

And under the "Male Staffords" I think that dog is featured there along with the others that were posted in that thread.

Laura
  10. cassey

cassey New Member

Name:
    sarah
    I cant believe this topic is 30 pages long. I do love the pictures tho. My cassey isnt the perfect staff but i think shes great, reason being her left ear dosent seem to have a deep enough crease and flops into her face instead of to the side so i presume we would never be able to show her not that i know a thing about showing dogs. First time staff owner and i think there the best dogs in the world.
  11. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    My personal preference in Staffys are ones that are in proportion. Not keen on the type with large heads and little bodies, if you know what I mean. Particularly like your second pic, Laura, as an example. Like that sort of collar as well! :D
  12. oldtyme1

oldtyme1 New Member

Name:
    oldtyme1
    KC Reg 17.75 inches 36lbs this is IMO a stafford.

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2011
  13. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie New Member

Name:
    Anne-Marie
    Whilst it's a nice looking dog, it is too long in the leg for me.