Pics of spaniels please Photos

Discussion in 'Gundog Forum' started by sjpurt, Jul 29, 2008.

1. honeysmummy

honeysmummy New Member

Name:
    Cass
    I agree. Although not in the Gundog group it is great to see them altogether for once.
    There have been some great pics!:grin:

And also for someone looking for a "Spaniel" it gives them a chance to see these photos side by side x
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Sennan.....English Springer....and my God can he spring. He is not mine, but a regualr visitor since he came to me for some residential training, he is NOT an easy dog but has one of the nicest natures of any Springer I have met.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Springer Pup....from a local Show
    [​IMG]
  4. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    Welsh Springer Spaniels
    These are the original velcro dog there as happy sat by your side with there head on your knee as they are walking muddy fields for hours.
    There also slightly smaller than there "show english" cousins, girls reaching approx 18" and boys 19". Also there one of the rarer of the Spaniels currently approximatly 350-450 are registered each year.

Spencer
    [​IMG]

Lexy
    [​IMG]

Roscoe and Ian (see what I mean about velcro
    [​IMG]
  5. Stevel

Stevel New Member

Name:
    Steve
    Couple more spaniels for you

Sussex Spaniel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Field Spaniel

[​IMG]

Welsh Springer Spaniel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Steve
  6. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    I think I know the top welshie, its a stunner.
  7. pam2

pam2 New Member

Name:
    Pam
    The welsh spaniel pictures are gorgeous, I've never actually seen one in the flesh, are they hard to find?
  8. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    Theres not many litters registered a year and were careful who we sell to. Also unlike many of the gundog breeds there dual purpose so we don't have a split between working and show.
    I need to check but there's usually only 4-500 puppies registered a year.
  9. Stevel

Stevel New Member

Name:
    Steve
    Are the Welshies on the Vulnerable Breeds list? I know the Clumber, Field and Sussex Spaniels are but I'm not sure about the Welshie.

I always think the Welshie has an almost aloof attitude and they seem to really check you out before becoming your friend.

Lovely bred of dogs and we need to see a few more about.

Steve
  10. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    Hi Steve Welshies arent on the vunerable breeds register I think it has to be less tha 300 registered puppies a year but i might be wrong, anyway we have too many :D
    The can be a very shy dog and they do tend to be picky who the choose to be friends with. Having said that there a very loyal breed and dont take to long periods of seperation. I got my first welshie on 1989 and since then i've never been without one :D