Playgroup General Chat

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by Helidale, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Helidale

Helidale Member

Name:
    Carole

Playgroup

It was Tally's first playmeet this morning, with just over 20 Beagles present. Tally cautiously went off to explore the perimeter on her own while the boy racers began lapping each other around a rather muddy field - I'm glad that we didn't have to load one of them into our car at the end.
    Of course she couldn't have known it, but the Beagle that Tally spent the most time with was a half-sister which had been bred by dear Merry's breeder. Sadly, I can't get Breedia to accept the photo of them strolling together. (Oddly, I think it might be because I cropped some of the pictures, - and deleted the originals of course!
    About ten minutes from the end Tally started having play galloping up to some of the other Beags. I think that by this time she had worked out which were the gentler members of the group, (They stand out, the cleanest ones!), so I hope she will have more confidence next time.

IMG_20220206_093517.jpg
    IMG_20220206_093503.jpg

It struggled, but here are the two middle-aged ladies on their sedate walk. You can see why I tried cropping it!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Helidale likes this.
    Gorgeous Tally! Two middle-aged ladies indeed - I don't know about the half sister as even zooming in doesn't show her clearly enough, but Tally looks very young, and if she is middle-aged what on earth does it make my little lunatic? Coming up to veteran age now - what a thought!

Lovely pictures Carole - do you have these meets very often?
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    The club has the use of several sites throughout the two counties, Shropshire and Staffordshire. Each site has two meets a month, so in theory there are four a month within our fairly local area. Chas isn't quite as enthused though, and we do attend a few shows, so I think we will be sticking to one a fortnight.
    The breed that had booked in the play park after us was the Cockerpoos. I dread to think how they looked at the end of their hour. :026:
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    The mind boggles!
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I did say that she woke up about 10 minutes from the end! These turned up amongst the official group photos of the day. Zany little girl.
    cg DSC_0237.JPG cg DSC_0232.JPG c DSC_0233.JPG (Credit: Jack Dunkley).

Attached Files:

7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Helidale likes this.
    Carole - you have the most adorable little wubble in Tally - I just want to hug her! She has such a serious expression as if she is saying "I am going to run, I am going to jump, look at me go!"

I was just having a final check everywhere before going to bed [it is 2.45am - so much for my early night...] and I am so glad you had just posted these wonderful pictures of Tally before I switched off my computer.

I will go to bed with a broad smile on my face!
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    More pictures of Tally from today's Beagle meet, (with some decrepit old woman).
    Creeping up on it - What it? Nothing there.
    Screenshot_20220403-203544_kindlephoto-1298102922.png

Needing investigation.
    Screenshot_20220403-204720_kindlephoto-1297880715.png

What shall I do next?
    Screenshot_20220403-203600_kindlephoto-1298003663.png

Am I being a good girl Mum?
    Screenshot_20220403-204735.png
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    And off to sleep, ( again).
    This position, the backstroke.
    IMG_20220403_215750_kindlephoto-1301133345.jpg
  10. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Helidale, Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Aw, isn't she just adorable.

Looks like she's really coming out of her shell, Carole
  11. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Yes, just over 2 months and she has started barking as dogs pass the gate now. Not a hound bark, it's a bit squeaky! I always think that is a sign that they have accepted this is their home. She falls asleep at every opportunity so is very little trouble, and though she loves a walk, she doesn't demand it.
    We do try not to spoil her but being so small she is a pound or two overweight. I'm afraid she is also getting very clingy. Difficult when you are both at home 90% of the time, this has given me a new insight into common problems.
  12. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Helidale and Malka like this.
    A happy little beagle!!
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Helidale and Toedtoes like this.
    You have done it again Carole - I will be off to bed with a smile on my face again [although a little earlier as it is only 2:15am on Monday morning now!

Tally is just so sweet - just look at the way she is looking at you - if that was me I would want to bend down and kiss the top of her head. She is so adorable - please give her hugs from me.
  14. Helidale

Helidale Member

Name:
    Carole
    @Malka I couldn't bend down that far. I would fall on my face! :044:
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Helidale likes this.
    @CaroleC - neither could I! Tikki has to get up on the couch for me to clip her tether onto her harness [and unclip it] as I cannot bend down to clip it on otherwise- and you would have hysterics if you could see how I have to contort to put her bowls down! As yet I have not ended up with my face in her bowl but it has been a very close thing more than a few times :oops:
  16. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes likes this.
    Bath night.
    Something tells me that Eddie's drying robe is a little too large for Tally.
    IMG_20220405_212502_kindlephoto-66824681.jpg
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Helidale likes this.
    Tally has a "what have you done to me now, mum?" expression on her face! Bless her - she is so sweet!
  18. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Helidale likes this.
    Tally needs her. Perhaps one with little rubber duckies on it. IMG_20210516_145137.jpg

(It's big because 1-he was still growing; and 2-the length of his back is a bigger size than his girth at neck or chest).
  19. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Helidale and Toedtoes like this.
    I had never heard of a drying robe for a dog, so I looked them up, not that I want one, and I don’t know that my dogs would be particularly thrilled by me trying to put one on them. However while looking them up I found something I’m almost positive my dogs wouldn’t put up with....

F98A82FB-BB77-465F-A7D8-32AEA7594DF4.jpeg
  20. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    As you can tell from Tornado-dog's expression, the robe isn't his favorite thing. But it's the deal we've made for him to be allowed to play with the sprinkler. He only has to wear it for about 10 minutes to be dry enough to not shake water everywhere - and he gets cuddles and a massage the entire time.

Tornado-dog would think he was a giant bubble wrap bubble and pop himself in that thing!
  21. Helidale

Helidale Member

Name:
    Carole
    @who owns who What a strange dryer that is! I wonder how many they managed to sell?
    Poor Ed had only used his robe once - he hated any form of clothing, right from being a puppy. The robes blot up an amazing weight of water though, and save ruffing up the coat by rubbing it. As it's almost new, I'm afraid Tal will have to put up with it, - but I might try reducing the length.