Please help me out General Chat

Discussion in 'West Highland White Terrier' started by Magnus Wiström, Nov 4, 2022.

1. Magnus Wiström

Magnus Wiström New Member

Name:
    Magnus

Please help me out

Hi, in 2008 we bought a dog in Sweden that was imported from UK/Scotland. I guess that the name of the kennel is or was Dilkhuish and the owners name is Mr A G & Mrs S G Hurst. Is there anyone that knows if this is a still existing kennel. Our dogs name Dilkhuish Blue Angel with registration No: AH01496105

I really hope that anyone in here could help me out with this! Best regards // Magnus
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Helidale

Helidale Member

Name:
    Carole
    Hi Magnus,
    I have looked up Dilkhuish on the Kennel Club Health and Dog Care site. There are six pages of Dilkhuish bred dogs but the most recent that I could find were born in 2010. Your girl is on there, born 03.04.2007, but I'm afraid it looks as if they no longer breed Westies.
    I suspect that you might be looking for another Westie with related breeding. If so, you could try contacting The West Highland White Terrier Club, (which is located in Scotland), as they may know of related stock.
    www.thewesthighlandwhiteterrierclub.co.uk
    Good luck.
  4. Magnus Wiström

Name:
    Magnus
    Hi and first of all a big thanks that you took your time to check things up! I went to the page you sent me and it’s strange but there is no contact information by e-mail just a regular address that you should use if you wanna become a member. Do you know if there is any other way to go to find out if any of her “sisters” got some pups? But once again a big thank you
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I raised the details of all the puppies in your girls litter. There are no litters registered from her sisters, and the dog puppies don't appear to have been used at stud. However, this doesn't mean that someone hasn't bred from more distant relatives.
    Due to data protection, I don't think the KC would supply the Hurst's last contact details, and with the last litter being 2010 it is likely that they are no longer active in the breed anyway. If I was you I would contact the breed club, giving the breeder's name and 2 or 3 generations of your pedigree details, and ask whether any of their members are likely to be breeding from related stock.
    Good luck. CaroleC/Helidale.
  7. Magnus Wiström

Name:
    Magnus
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Hi Carol, thank you for all help
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I think you have probably realised that Helidale and CaroleC are the same person answering on two devices! Sorry, I should have said.