Please post your Setter pics!;) Photos

Discussion in 'Gundog Forum' started by Petticoat, Aug 18, 2010.

1. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie
    I don't know :102: honestly it's way to hard to choose ;-)

I like the sound of the english character and the ones I've met have all had lovely natures which I really love so if was just on character they might have the edge for me but not always my fav looking setter.
    I like the look of most of the Gordons but a couple of the Gordons I've seen are a bit wary (which would make the Eng and Irish appeal to me more), although did see one at a show that jumped up at a passerby who was trying to drink her tea which almost went all down her top :lol: and there are some dual pupose Gordons which appeal.
    The Irish I've seen less of, but so far I really like them as well they always have a very sweet expression and there is nothing to match the glossy coats in the sun.
    The R&w seen some lovely and some not so.

So would not rule out any of them :p :grin: But the English would win on character very closely followed by Irish then the other two, if I was going only on looks it'd be very different and the working types would have to come into it.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    Aww, you see looks wise I prefer the English, plus I love their norty ways!!:lol: Then I love the Irish and Gordons, I think the latter tend to be more reserved? I have to be honest I am not keen on the Irish Red and White, mainly due to what I have heard about temprements... but you can get good and bad in every breed. I also like the working ES too;-)
  4. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha
    Lovely Setter pics everyone :grin: I do like Gordons, do they drool? :lol:
  5. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie
    Yes I think thats what I picked up on (the bit in bold)
    Ok yeah prob would not go for R&W but there is a bitch at our training classes who is nice - started a little bit reserved but nothing bad, but also seen a R&W dog owned by the same person which kept going for other dogs had a go at mine a couple of times but my dog ignored it she only took it a couple of times. So Eng or Irish would be top of the list, btw I do like the English looks wise and think the working type Eng are prob my fav looking setter (but thats only from pics I've seen of them) I just have a thing about ears :p I prefer them to be quite hairy on a hairy breed, but I guess if you didn't trim/strip they would be more hairy??? Anyway that wouldn't put me off having one.

Keep the photos coming :grin:
  6. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    The English do have hairy ears, the showers tend to trim them down, as do I, as it makes their ears cooler and they can suffer with ear problems.;-) My Tess had hairy ears, so did Jamie's mummy!!:lol:
  7. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    Of course you do get the odd setter that is frankly "not amused"!!!!:lol:
    [​IMG]
  8. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    Tess
    [​IMG]
    Honey-Bea
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie

Loving the photos
  10. rachelsetters

rachelsetters New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Some do some don't lol I don't think mine do lol but people might disagree lol
  11. Jessi Clark

Jessi Clark New Member

Name:
    Jess
    Think as Rach says some do, some don't. I wouldn't say either of ours drool particuarly badly, though if pushed I'd say Chester, irish, more so than Griffin, gordon x. I was looking at spins to rescure pre pup and compared to something beardy like that they're a dream;-) :mrgreen: !
  12. Jessi Clark

Jessi Clark New Member

Name:
    Jess
    Griffin at 10 months.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    Jess, he is gorgeous!!! Growing into one handsome lovely boy! :049::049::049: