Pointer Discussions

Discussion in 'German Shorthaired Pointer' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Discussion Thread

Discussion Thread New Member

Pointer

Pointer
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    Wow, no-one has commented on Pointers!!:shock: :lol:
    I have just the one, a pretty girl Codee, she is 11 months old now, so so different from my setter boys.
    She has 97% recall (has let me down just three times), she has a good prey drive, she lives to run and boy can she run!! She is so loving and wants to be with you. But she is sharp, is very food orientated, she is bossy with the boys and sensitive, hates sudden noises and shadows, she barks if she hears something or sees something she doesn't know or like. She also 'talks'!!:lol: She likes people and other dogs, preferably those similar or smaller height and is easy to train. She hates cats and I would not trust her alone with my rabbits or guinea pigs. But saying that, she is a lovely girl, one I am proud to be owned by!!:mrgreen:
    Codee
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. K8 Lottie

K8 Lottie New Member

Name:
    Kate
    what a beautiful dog!
  5. roxi

roxi New Member

Name:
    Hayley
    I've always liked Pointers, she is lovely :)
  6. one.eyed.dog

one.eyed.dog New Member

Name:
    Ellie
    I have a German wirehaired pointer. Quite potty.
  7. Annaw

Annaw New Member

Name:
    Anna
    I have a Spanish Pointer. He is bonkers!!! :grin:
  8. littlefoot

littlefoot

Name:
    Debbie
    I met the most gorgeous English pointer at the Greyhound Rescue fun raiser today. We found a enclosed feild and let Zeus and the pointer have a good run with each other. Was really lovely to see I wish I had taken some photos, but I was too buzy making sure the kids were being good.
  9. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    These are Codee, as my others have been deleted...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. mandyB

mandyB New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    My Pointer Bracken, now 4yrs old.:grin:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

He's a very gentle, laid back yet sensitive dog, a bit of a loaner and quite aloof with other dogs. He lives to run and run and run and point. If he's outdoors he's always on the alert for birds and never relaxes, yet indoors he's a couch potatoe happy to laze around for hours.:)
  11. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    He's gorgeous, I would love a liver and white (plus a B&W) one day... he sounds like Codee, when out she just wants to run, she likes other dogs, but doesn't seek them out, (unlike the setters...:roll: ) she is wonderful to watch as she points, then runs.... at home she is just happy to snooze on the sofa!!:mrgreen: