Pomeranian puppy help - I’m desperate Questions

Discussion in 'Pomeranian' started by Tiffney Williams, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Tiffney Williams

Tiffney Williams New Member

Name:
    Abra

Pomeranian puppy help - I’m desperate

I have a 11 week old Pomeranian puppy. I got her at 10 weeks and she is not eating well. She is only 14 oz. now and the vet told me she might not make it. She gave me some special food which I have to feed her with a syringe but it’s getting more difficult to do so. She has no interest in eating. I have to give her nutri-cal to keep her sugar level up or she becomes really weak. The vet said if she gains weight she probably won’t have issues with her blood sugar. I have tried feeding her everything on the market including homemade dog recipes.
    I am not ready to give up on her. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Chris likes this.
    She does sound very vulnerable. Have you contacted her breeder? She really should be able to eat the food that she has been reared on. Presumably the vet doesn't think that she has developed an infection.
    When I was much younger I used to help in a Chihuahua show kennel. When we had very tiny puppies we used to scrape tender raw, (human quality) steak with a sharp knife - so that it became a paste. Tiny amounts of this raw paste were smeared behind the front teeth, onto the puppy's palate. This way they could lick it down if they weren't willing to chew.
  4. Wendybird

Wendybird New Member

Name:
    Wendy Jo
    Hi Tiffney, I just joined the forums today, and I wonder how your puppy is doing? I hope that she is doing well, and that you have found a food she will readily eat.
  5. Lifew/dogs

Lifew/dogs New Member

Name:
    lonnie
    This is one reason I have to try out like 20 vets before I'm happy with one. Find a vet that will actually help you both. Maybe blood tests, bacteria tests, xrays if nothing shows up in the first two then a REAL diagnosis. Don't put up with 'she may not make it' unless there's a reason for that. Don't go home till he/she gives you one.
  6. Helidale

Helidale Member

Name:
    Carole
    This thread is 4 years old. The poster didn't come back. I hope the puppy made it