Potty Training 13 Wk Old Puppy Training

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Felicia Eason, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Felicia Eason

Felicia Eason New Member

Name:
    Felicia

Potty Training 13 Wk Old Puppy

I adopted our 13 week old frenchie from a breeder who used a crate to keep her puppies in at night. I'm not sure if he had been in it during the day while she was at work but he has many accidents all day. The past four days I have been taking him outside often and at times he has stayed outside while we did work outside. Once he pees or poops I give him a small treat. However, after doing this at times he still goes inside and pees 15-30mins later. Usually on something soft such as his bed, a rug, or towel. I have removed all rugs. We still have not mastered the walking on a leash. He often just stands there, lays down, or sits with his legs stretched out behind him. Then ge knows how to hide that he is peeing. Because he looks as if he is sitting down. Please any advice is greatly appreciated. I feel like I live trying to potty train and living outside every 15-30mins.

How often should I take him outside?
    How long should I stay outside allowing puppy to potty?
    How do I help my puppy like walking in a leash? (I have both a collar and harness)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    How often should I take him outside?

After eating, sleeping, playing, drinking. He's a baby. Patience and persistence will pay off.

How long should I stay outside allowing puppy to potty?

Until he's been.

How do I help my puppy like walking in a leash? (I have both a collar and harness)

I like harnesses as they are far kinder. Put his harness on and have a game with him. When he's used to it, attach a lead and let it trail and, you've guessed it, have a game with him. Then start picking up the lead and holding it while playing and moving around while you play.

He's very, very young. Love him and try not to get too frustrated. Puppyhood passes
  4. Felicia Eason

Felicia Eason New Member

Name:
    Felicia

Our puppy has made it a habit to sit still or lay down during walking. We have stayed outside for 30mins at a time and he wont pee or poop. But as soon as he steps foot in the house he does his business on the floor. I reward him when he does it outside and when he does it indoors we go right back out for another 5-10mins. We have a ball we throw to keep him moving but it doesnt last very long.

I thought maybe he didnt like the harness, leash, or collar. But he allows me to put them on and then he even plays indoors with them on and acts as if he dont notice them.

I'm lost here.
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    I always bundled up and took a book out with me. Sat on the bench until the inevitable happened.

On the walking front, again, he's very, very young.

There are a few ways to motivate 'em to moving. You could try acting really silly, walking backwards a few steps and keeping up a jolly voice.

You could try taking some very small treats out and the second you see he's about to plant his tiny bum, throw a couple out it front

Good luck