Potty training Questions

Discussion in 'Catahoula Leopard Dog' started by Chris Karolczak, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Chris Karolczak

Chris Karolczak New Member

Name:
    Chris

Potty training

Hi. My wife and I just rescued our catahoula leopard mix a month ago. She was about 50% house trained. She is always willing to go outside (unless it's raining ). When she gets out there she usually does number 1, and then runs around chewing sticks. I usually let her run around for about 20 min in hopes of her going number 2. As soon as we bring her in, she always goes number 2 right near her crate or in her pen. We have walked her, let her stay outside for extended period of time, and yet she still goes number 2 inside the house. Is this just a puppy thing? Or is there something else I can try.
    Thanks for any help. Sorry for the long post.

Chris.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    How old is she.

If she's a young pup, it may be that the big old world is scary for her. It's a very precarious position to be in to squat to do number 2s because in her mind it puts her in a vulnerable position. What may help would be to make a small space where she can 'hide' to do her business. Block off a small area with boards, bins or whatever you have to hand and show her that area to see if it makes a difference. It may be worth putting a piece of her poo in there to see if it shows her it's safe to begin with