Presa Canario - heading for the DDA list? Discussions

Discussion in 'Presa Canario' started by Abbas_786, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Abbas_786

Abbas_786 New Member

Presa Canario - heading for the DDA list?

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. sez

sez New Member

Name:
    sarah
    i know that the bull breeds do get picked on a lot,but its unfortunate that these powerful dogs fall into the wrong hands.we all know what fun loving family pets they make in the right homes with the right training,we also know the horrific outcome when they end up in the wrong homes with the wrong training,this is a very difficult one,none of us want to see headlines that a child has been savaged,none of us want to see beautiful dogs persecuted
    sez and the gang xxx
  4. minky

minky New Member

Name:
    Jules
    It's the same old story. A dog in the wrong hands can be dangerous. What is the saying "punish the deed, not the breed"? Yet another bull breed slating :cry:
  5. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    and interestingly the initial reporty of that pregnant lady had been that it was a staffie - then it was an american bulldog and then some kind of mastiff - in the papers - thus slating 3 breeds before even starting on the Presa !

Its as above - its a dog in the wrong hands - its people that should be on a dangerous list !
  6. minky

minky New Member

Name:
    Jules
    makes you wonder doesn't it, if a, say errrrr a cocker spaniel (no dig meant by this, just the first in my head) attacked a pregnant woman, would that cause such a stir? :shock:
  7. hectorsmum

hectorsmum New Member

Name:
    julie
    Maybe the dogs breeding was wrong and they had some sort of genetic fault that made them more prone to attack, as these are a high guarding breed in the first place.
    With the type of people that are sourcing them it could be highly likely. Back to bad breeding again unfortunatley :evil:
  8. minky

minky New Member

Name:
    Jules
    #
    I agree. I have heard that certain breeds are more predisposed to guarding behaviour etc than others. It's the neds that buy these dogs for this reason and actively encourage anti social behavior that need "put down" not the dogs :evil:
  9. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    I steer clear of tabloids :D most reporters don't know a lot about dogs and can't tell one breed from another. Next week they will be back to Staffy bashing.
  10. Kazz

Kazz New Member

Name:
    Karen
    Ta Min, :roll:
  11. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    a plague on all their tabloid houses..they rarely bother to get their facts straight, ferment trouble and put unnecessary fears in people's minds :x
  12. Kazz

Kazz New Member

Name:
    Karen

You go girl :grin:
  13. Hannah

Hannah New Member

Name:
    Hannah
    Oh you on your soap box mini? :lol:

Seriously though totally agree, thats why I dont read them, anything to sell a story facts are not important!
  14. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

"A pit bull on steroids" :roll:
    Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs
  15. Linda57

Linda57 New Member

Name:
    Linda
    Newspaper reporters - never let the facts get in the way of a great story...

unfortunately, lots of people read and soak up this kind of sensationalism :-(

Linda
  16. Abbas_786

Abbas_786 New Member

strange how they always manage mention pitbulls even when it has nothing 2do with the breed? again this whole story supports my idea that breeders shud be forced 2do some kind of back ground checks on people they sell puppies 2and puppy peddlers shud be shut down!
  17. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    Who has the right to say "more deadly than rotts or pitts..."

Like mini says, I uaually steer clear of Tabloids too, a load of one persons opinon making things out how they want it portrayed....
  18. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    I can only agree, wrong dog in the wrong hands. I'd have one as a guard dog anyday! In an ideal World people just wouldn't be able to go out and buy a killing machine, which any large/small breed can be trained to be, especially dogs like the pitbulls and maybe these. I know pitbulls are banned here, but they aren't elsewhere are they! You can't just go out and buy a kid if you feel like it, so how come anybody, especially these scums of the earth, can go out and buy one of these? I want laws to govern the sale of all dogs like this, not only coz they're dangerous in the wrong hands, but also the cruelty some inflict on them with the dog fighting too.
  19. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie New Member

Name:
    Anne-Marie
    Sounds like the same old story to me, some idiot journalist printing a very biased one-sided story about something he knows nothing about. :evil:

It has happened over the years to many breeds unfortunately, Dobes, GSDs, Rotties, Staffies, Pit Bulls - I guess it is Presas turn now - makes me sick :-(
  20. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
  21. Moli

Moli New Member

Name:
    pat
    He is gorgeous, looks a real softie!!