Presa Canario Discussions

Discussion in 'Presa Canario' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    1yr, and you speak to somebody like Azz who has a dog considerably older dog than yours and has considerably more experience with them in the way you did! 12mths is hardly a long time to gain a profuse amount of knowledge is it? Presa's have been here a lot longer than 3yrs too.

I dont wish to seem rude, but your comments were very sharp and unfounded.
    Dawn.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Roxy

Roxy New Member

Name:
    Roxy
    I cant actually believe the way this thread is going. Spider what exactly is your problem, you have jumped down the throat of a long standing member of Dogweb who owns a Presa. Which I cant understand. To me it seems that you have a problem with an owner of a dog who DOESNT want to breed and has no intentions of breeding. He only stated that Presa breeding wasnt for novices and for EVERYONE to read the link about breeding. As a new member of DW none of us know whether your a novice or your an expert, so to my mind he was polite in his post. I think it would have been remiss of any Presa owner on this forum not to have posted what he did.
  4. Trixy

Trixy

Name:
    Jasmine
    Some lovely pictures here guy's
  5. spider1

spider1 New Member

Im sorry 2hear about ur presa's:cry: No 1can say 4 100% can they but that y u ask them meet them if somethink aint right they can take a walk the 1's that r pets il get done b4 they go. &the same wiv the ppl i got mine of if somethink go's wrong wiv the homes my pups end up in i.e brake up in the family or someink &they can no long look after the dog il hav bk. u should keep in touch wiv the ppl that hav ur pups.
    would it be poss 4u 2tel memore about ur 2presa that r in care? mite be able 2find them homes on our rare breed forum.
    Not bein funny but r u sure there but Bandogs ciz Mr Zag was a bandog &pos ppl that hav seen & even got a presa tot he was a presa that all;-)
  6. spider1

spider1 New Member

i said i had mine 4a year but ive worked wiv the dog since they came here so yes i know wot im on about. most ppl wiv jacks dont no wot they were breed 4.
    so plz tel me wot breeds make a presa wot was it breed4 when how & ******* where
    if u know so much
  7. spider1

spider1 New Member

my prob is ppl that dont know the breed inside & up & still try 2tell ppl wot 2do think wiv there breed plain&simple:twisted:
  8. Roxy

Roxy New Member

Name:
    Roxy
    Spider you joined yesterday, please we are not having ago at you, we dont know you and yes you probably do know far more about Presas than a lot of people, but as I have stated we dont know you. So how are we to know you are a genuine Presa lover if you dont give us time to get to know you. You have to see it from our side, I could join a English Mastiff forum today and say I am looking for a stud dog for my bitch for the future, and I would hope someone like Eraze on that forum would question me to learn whether or not I was a novice or not.

Please, please start again, introduce yourself and explain your plans for the future, we are all very interested and if you are genuine then Im sure you will make a valued member of Dogweb.
  9. spider1

spider1 New Member

i can c from ur point of view but as i wasnt talking 2him he had no rite 2stick his nose in i was talkin2chelle1975 & the only reason i came on here i 2 try &find T-rogue kennels & i dont need a stud i have a Sire&Dam just trying 2find wot bloodlines r in the uk. & as 4presa's bein over here 4longer than 3years or so a ladie in wales imported 3but they turn out not 2b presa's at all but bandogs
  10. Roxy

Roxy New Member

Name:
    Roxy
    Excuse me he had every right to post. Hes a member of DW just like anyone else and beleive it or not this is a forum for everyone. If you actually wanted to just talk to Chelle well that is what the Private Messaging is for. As with anything that is posted on an open forum, the idea is for everyone to contribute. Its like going into a large hall and shouting "anyone know where I can find a certain kind of dog breeder?" and then getting angry because someone questioned you. If you want only one person to answer you then you go have a private conversation with them.
  11. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    But if you know about Presas in the UK, why would you come onto a public forum to find a kennel? surely you would already have such contacts, or at least access to them?

How about a few pictures of your dogs, thats what THIS thread should be about.
    Dawn.
  12. lillybet

lillybet New Member

Name:
    liz
    very well said.......
  13. spider1

spider1 New Member

Like i said T-rogue kennels is not listed thats wot i asked this is it like it or not this is rare breed i asked 4 help yet **** it u lot know **** about this breed
  14. Roxy

Roxy New Member

Name:
    Roxy
    Well I have found a way of contacting T - rogue kennels so I will PM you and hopefully that will help.
  15. lillybet

lillybet New Member

Name:
    liz
    don't get like that. we are all good people and every 1 has given me alot of help. try asking i little nicer and you might get what you are after.
  16. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Am I the only one who's having difficulty working out what spider is trying to say? Please use a spell check Spider (there are loads of free ones around, even Outlook Express has one built in).

As far as I am concerned the way you have posted has gone to show me that you are not mature enough to breed ANY breed let alone this one.

You should have been glad that there was someone out there thinking about the welfare of such a demanding breed, if you truly cared for the breed you should have expected it even.
  17. lillybet

lillybet New Member

Name:
    liz
    very well said........
  18. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Yep Eraze, takes me ages to read or decipher it, but didnt want to say!
    Dawn.
  19. Lizzy

Lizzy New Member

"the uk presa's on av r better than the us cos all the breeders here care & wont take the risk of breedin unless our dogs prove themselfs."

I have a big problem with that statement! I am not going to start naming names but out of all the Presa being bred in this country VERY few have any type of health testing, let alone temperament testing, done before breeding. Too many people are detirmined to start breeding programs before they do some serious research into the breed and before they make sure they aquire the best dogs they can. I researched the breed for four years before purchasing my first dog and STILL got it wrong!

You say that you already have a sire and a dam. One from Curto lines and one from Barnacan Bull lines. You state Barnacan Bull are show dogs and Curto working dogs, why in hell are you considering crossing the two you have? Simply because they are in your back garden? If your bitch is any good why don't you consider using an outside male? You could have your pick of males from all over the world if you use AI.

What work are you doing with your dogs? How old are they? Do you know of any health/temperament problems with your own two dogs?Health/temperament problems in their siblings? Have you had your dogs evaluated by a professional trainer? To breed a decent litter you do not just take into account the two dogs that will produce it, but as many of their relatives as possible, in order to build up a picture of what may turn up, ie. the good AND bad traits.

Which Presa boards are you a member of? If you had posted this question on any of the three main boards (all US based), you would have received way more criticism than you have here. The reason being that because the breed has been in their country longer, they are already seeing the damage that indescriminate pairings are doing to the breed as a whole. In countries where breed specific legislation is rife, a single incident with a powerful breed such as this causes no end of trouble, and could result in the breed being banned.

I have imported a dog from Red Star Kennels. Even those who like to take cheap shots at the kennel agree on the fact that they are the premier working Presa kennel in the world. Not necessarily because they have the best dogs, but because for the last 10 years they have only bred from dogs who have been tested for health problems and those who have passed a breed specific temperament test. Red Star have produced the only Presa to have titled in all the main dog sports (Shutzhund, French Ring, Mondio Ring, weight pull, PSA.....) and all their dogs have been confirmed to standard by Spanish judges. However, I am not breeding my dog unless she turns out to be something special, and even then it is highly doubtful. Currently she is 20 months and about to start training in Mondio Ring.

I don't know how anyone can look at their immature dog and decide it is of breeding quality.

Liz.
  20. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    That is expecially true with the Presa as they don't fully mature untill around 3 years old!

Anyway, back to this thread, Liz - would love to see some recent pics!!
  21. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    What a breath of fresh air! :smt023 Thank you Lizzy.