Pros and Cons...Northern Inuit Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by x_rose_x, Dec 8, 2006.

1. awleics

awleics New Member

Name:
    Amanda
    I've got two NI's and would agree with most of the things that have already been said. Ithink they are lovely, affectionate dogs, but not for the fainthearted. They can be a lot of work, especially with hoovering the carpet, and filling in the holes in the garden! My one year old male knows all the things I have taught him at home, but once outside will refuse to do them. He never barks, but yaps at my other dog when he wants her to play with him. Whilst most people say that NI's don't guard, my bitch, who I've only had a few weeks, is great. She lets me know when the post man is coming etc..Get on ok with cats too. Love children to bits, but need to be careful with small kiddies as NI's very boisterous and seem to forget how big they are. Advisable not to let them off the lead in areas where lots of kids or the elderly, unless you have excellent control. You may know that your dog is a big softy, but when some poor mother sees a 'wolf' running up to her child, she's not going to be too impressed!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Well rose we've spoke before, and I would say my 2 also share the traits explained but in very different ways to each other, Kain is a barker and a howler and likes to talk when his dinners going out, Inka will jump up on to the work top have a look then sit beside me waiting while you've got this dog song from Kain going on in the background lol..Kain is very much a mumys boy, I can leave him out in the kennel with Inka and he is fine but if we are home with them and I go out of the house he goes crazy, Inka will pretty much try to please no matter how you are training, Kain does not like raised voices, so I have the challenge with him constantly trying to find what works for him in training, the 2 of them are pretty good off lead, don't wander too far from me and always check I'm there. My 2 are submissive when challenged with other dogs, they love to play with other dogs love people and are very friendly, Inka loves to carry something where ever he goes and plays fetch with his rope ball which is good for Kain cause if we forget the rope poor Kain gets knocked around by him, so we find something for Inka to carry as quick as we can. Hope that helps a little.
  4. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    :grin: Hi everyone, Megan has now posted a video of rose on another link, Rose and rotties (border collie) it shows how rose behaves when let loose with other dogs. :grin:
    Darcguard Dogs would just like to point out they are not cowards or afraid of rose and to call them whimpy would be totaly inapropriate. :smt044 :smt044 :smt044
  5. x_rose_x

x_rose_x New Member

Name:
    Megan

:smt042:smt042:smt042
  6. flower

flower New Member

Name:
    kerri
    wow you have my 5 month old inuit down to a tee shes all of the above lol a cheeky little mare but cute....:lol:
  7. flower

flower New Member

Name:
    kerri
    n.i have a wheat intolerance to i have found out had to wear peg on my nose and i blamed my husband lol