Pug Zu / Pug Zy - Right or wrong? Discussions

Discussion in 'Pug' started by Shih_Tzu_Lover, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Shih_Tzu_Lover

Shih_Tzu_Lover New Member

Name:
    Mizz-Hollie-Ess

Pug Zu / Pug Zy - Right or wrong?

Heyaah People,
    Listen there are loads of crossbreeds becoming pure breds,
    Do you think its right?

Labradoodle
    Pringcock
    Pug Zu
    Bull - Shihts

Do you think its right?
    Personally i dont think it is because a dog is a dog
    We dont breeds humans to have breasts and manly bits do we??
    I'm in two minds x
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. lilypup

lilypup New Member

Name:
    Claire
    the dogs you describe are cross breeds. people are sucked in by their desire to have something 'different', when what they end up with is an empty wallet and a mongrel. nothing wrong with a mongrel at all but please lets stop with all these ridiculous made up names!
  4. Hali

Hali New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    These cross breeds won't be 'pure breeds' for many generations - if ever.

There are loads of threads on Dogsey with people's feelings on this...

Personally I'm not totally against crossing but I do think it needs to be for a specific reason, carefully thought out and taking genetics and health fully into account.

The types of crossbreeds you are talking about are bred purely for the 'designer' name and a cute looking puppy for one purpose only...money...and that just makes me feel sick and angry.
  5. mse2ponder

mse2ponder New Member

Name:
    Charlotte
    I just think it's pointless - if you don't have a particular purpose/selection of traits in mind, or want a crossbreed, why not rescue a dog?
  6. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Personally have never heard of the last three..and I think your comment regarding breeding humans to have manly bits and breasts is just bizarre!!!

Dogs have manly bits and breasts too..and come in all shapes and sizes so I just don't get what you mean at all!!
  7. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    what she said. I don't get it either
  8. Skyesmum

Skyesmum New Member

Name:
    Jann
    What the heck is a Pringcock :shock: :roll:

I also don't get the wholw breasts/man parts bit of your post either :neutral:

Jann
    xxx
  9. Shih_Tzu_Lover

Name:
    Mizz-Hollie-Ess
    Hiaa - I mean that we dont want a half man and half woman do we so why have a half pug half shih tzu??
    Thats what i meant haha :)

Yeah i think its pointless but really un-neccessary x
  10. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    But they are still all dog!!!

hermaphrodite's are of the same species..but both sexes..

A pug x shihtzu is still all dog?? just as a man x woman would still be all human..

You can have hermaphrodite animals and hermaphrodite humans..that is a completely different question to breeds!!
  11. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie

What they both said :? :?

Still dont understand the comparison..:? :?
  12. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    Errr....what?
  13. Shih_Tzu_Lover

Name:
    Mizz-Hollie-Ess
    I am sorry that you dont understand
    I didnt post this thread to be pulled down
    If you dont understand or dont wish to comment then dont reply x
  14. queeniefarie

queeniefarie New Member

Name:
    Sue
    The only Labradoodle( omg ) I ever met was sickly with stomach problems but more worrying epilepsy, the woman had paid £700 and had no idea what was behind the dam or sire. I like dogs crossbreed and pedigree, but people who breed and don't know what they are doing scare me. Any litter I breed I know the family and their traits very very well, I have bred a small number of litters but always with health checks and knowledge of the dogs in the recent pedigreeI know most of them personally(or someone who does), many people think that breeding crossbreeds automatically means that they are healthy and fault free they are misguided.

There are no short cuts, Know your breed and your breeders, think what you want from the mating. If it is money then you aren't thinking of the breed or the individual dogs.

Sorry this seems to have turned into a rant.

I just love dogs and want them to have a long and happy life xxxx I love dogsxxxx
  15. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    I'm sorry that you are offended that people don't understand your very strange posts. Firstly a crossbreed becoming a purebreed? Do you know what these terms mean? Most Labradoodles etc. that I have come across have been F1 crosses, so no matter what they are called they are NOT purebreeds or pedigrees (which incidentally are not the same thing). They are mutts with daft names. I don't agree with people breeding with money as their main motivation, and in 99.9% of crossbreeding these days that is the case. It doesn't matter how lovely the dogs are, cash is not a good enough reason to breed dogs. There should be other considerations first - other than so you can call it a bullsh*t or a jacksh*t (I have seen both advertised). These people will tell you thay are trying to create a good family pet, when the dogs used in the breeding are already popular family pet breeds - so where's the logic?
  16. queeniefarie

queeniefarie New Member

Name:
    Sue
    Hear hear x
  17. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    I am not intending to "pull you down" but you are making comparisons between a half man and half woman and a cross breed of dog?

They are still all human and still all dog..its not a cross of species..
    The dogs are either male or female..just two different breeds..I suppose its a bit like a white woman having a child to a chinese man.. still all human...
    like a chinese crested having a pup to a yorkshire terrier..cross bred...but still dogs...

Your half man half woman thing is just plain odd
  18. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I am sorry , you feel you are being pulled apart,

The fact is your post did not make sense.

If you are asking whether or if crossbreeding is a good thing, that will be down to the individual to comment on .

But making a comparison between mating two "breeds" together to create a crossbreed, and the "half man, half woman scenario , is just senseless.:?

So in future, if you wish to make a point, its best to make one that makes sense... that way we can comment and answer your thread, without having to ask for you to clarify it!
  19. Lene

Lene New Member

Name:
    Lene
    I agree with the highlighted bit... People are NOT crossing different species, just different breeds of the same species...