Pug Discussions

Discussion in 'Pug' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. SKing87

SKing87 New Member

Name:
    sarah
    i have to say once youve had a pug its almost like no other breed quite gets you personality wise. they are such clowns and they are SO eager to please and entertain. very very clever little dogs.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jessica

Jessica New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Oooh, how exciting!! Can i ask what breeding he is? Im so nosey!

Hopefully your breeder told you about the problems associated with the breed (eye injuries, breathing problems and hemivertebra for example) but other than that, they are definately more of a handful than people think - definately not the lazy fat dogs they're made out to be! Pups are hyperactive :lol:

They can be difficult to house train so i recommend starting that right away. I always use puppy pads to aid this. They take a lot longer than some breeds, but mine have all got the hang of it in the end :roll:

They're real "velcro dogs". When people enquire about puppies from me, i always tell them about this as people often forget to mention it and then i hear new owners moaning cos their puppy is driving them mad. If you dont want your pup with you, or under your feet at all times, you've brought the wrong breed :lol: My pugs are with me ALL the time i am home. They most often sleep in bed with me, they sit on the sofa and watch TV with me - they are just there constantly. I love it, but i know it annoys some people!!

Also, a pointer, dont buy plastic food bowls! Go for ceramic or metal. Pugs can be prone to get pimples and plastic food bowls just make is SO much worse!

Pics Pics Pics!! :grin:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
  4. Jessica

Jessica New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Just looked back at the pics and noticed how OLD they are! My girls have changed!!!!!

Lilah, who's now 3!:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Gracie, who will be 3 in June:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. SKing87

SKing87 New Member

Name:
    sarah
    mine never had breathing problems, eye problems, joint problems....

a common misconception is that they dont need as much exercise as other breeds. this is absolute rubbish. if you dont exercise them then their fitness will suffer, leading to weight problems, breathing issues, etc etc.

looking at these pics is making me jealous, I must get another pug!
  6. SKing87

SKing87 New Member

Name:
    sarah
    btw Jessica your girls are beautiful what lines are they?

my two were eastonite boys, very pretty :)
  7. Jessica

Jessica New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    I didnt mean to imply that all have those problems, but the breed certainly has a tendency to have them as a whole. Hopefully the new standard calling for a reduction in the size of the eye will reduce eye injuries, and keeping the weight off the dogs will reduce breathing problems. Sadly HV is quite an issue in the breed, my Delilah has it very severely :( But if more breeders start testing for it then it could hopefully be controlled :) Neither of mine have breathing problems, both are pretty fit. Gracie has had one eye injury, but that was due to the cat swiping at her rather than an issue with her eyes, but i know of plenty who have had injuries to the eyes caused from running into things (yes, the eyes bulged THAT much!!!) or catching them with dew claws... stuff like that.

Delilah is Eastonite, Gracie is Eastonite/Myojo :grin:
  8. SKing87

SKing87 New Member

Name:
    sarah
    yes i thought so! the stance and facial features are very eastonite and very typical, beautiful, my favourite =D

will you be breeding from either of them? sorry im so nosey, especially when it comes to eastonite pugs !
  9. CheekyChihuahua

CheekyChihuahua

Name:
    n/a
    Lovely pics Jessica. I just love the one where she's running through the water, ears a flapping, with a very determined look on her face - LOVELY:lol:

You sure have gorgeous Puggies:grin:
  10. Annaw

Annaw New Member

Name:
    Anna
    Here are a few pic's of my little guy (still need a name)

hhmmm how do i insert the pics ??
  11. Jessica

Jessica New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Not from Delilah due to the HV, she was spayed last friday :)

I hope to get some pups from Gracie though :)

CC - My girls are proper dogs ;)

Anna - you need to upload the pics to Photobucket.com. The copy & Paste the IMG code into your post :)
  12. Annaw

Annaw New Member

Name:
    Anna
    ok here we go again ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
  13. Jessica

Jessica New Member

Name:
    Jessica

Ok, you've got it, edited lol!!

He is cute!! :D

What is his breeding?
  14. Annaw

Annaw New Member

Name:
    Anna
    We haven't been sent his papers yet , so not entirely sure .
    Is there a well known breeding in Spain??
  15. Jessica

Jessica New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    there are a few very good breeders in Spain :grin: And a lot of English dogs have been imported over there so he may well have some english lines too :lol: He is gorgeous though, you must be very pelased with him :grin:
  16. sullysmum

sullysmum New Member

Name:
    sully
    Lovely pictures, my cousin wants a pug next!
  17. Vickyd1987

Vickyd1987 New Member

Name:
    vicky
    im picking up my pug puppy in 2 weeks! i cant wait
  18. Annaw

Annaw New Member

Name:
    Anna
    Sadly we had to have this little guy put to sleep. :cry: 3 days after these photos were taken. The vet said it was complications with worms and breeding.
    We were devastated!!!
    We have a new little guy called Winston Churchill and he is just over a year old.
    not long after we got him he had an eye injury , so severe his eye actually popped out :shock:
    The vet managed to get it back in , and he is ok now. That eye does bulge a little more than the other. and he gets infection in it now and again. But I wouldn't change him for the world. But I don't think I would have another one either.
  19. Annaw

Annaw New Member

Name:
    Anna
    This is the new little guy at 11 weeks

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]
  20. Vickyd1987

Vickyd1987 New Member

Name:
    vicky
    So Cute!!!!!
  21. Vickyd1987

Vickyd1987 New Member

Name:
    vicky
    Hi! I'm FINALLY picking up Millie my 8 week old Pug puppy today!! so excited! I will post pics sooon!!