Puppy too young but.... Questions

Discussion in 'Rottweiler' started by Momto2Rotts, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Momto2Rotts

Momto2Rotts New Member

Name:
    Kim
    Malka likes this.
    Well, right now being so young AND she's really good with it all, she has a huge stuffed kitty that she always uses as a pillow when she sleeps. Never tries to eat it, yet anyway. And she has a baby Kong and a towel in there.

Our older Rottie is a big toy baby but niether of them get anything in the crate, except the Kong, if I leave. She seems to love toys too, so far no chewing of the fluffy ones or towels. For now. We used to cut out the squeaker for our older guy but he doesn't care about them anymore. We might do that again when she's a bit older.

I'm just really shocked at her bladder control at night and her hours she sleeps. I put a small fan next to her crate and turn on YouTube to 8 hours of "puppy calming" music and she's done great. Goes in the crate for bed, shes next to my side of the bed, at 930p and hubs unlocks it and let's her out at 5a before he leaves. Even then she's not crying but she peed and pooped, he brings her back into a dark house, and locks her back in the crate. When I get up at 6a or 630a I go in the kitchen and do whatever and she doesn't whine to get out. I let her out at 7a to potty and start her day. We're on day 7 of that routine and its wonderful so far! Esp at her age. I know larger breeds can surprise you with their nighttime bladder control sometimes but during the day.....she pees about every 45 mins!! Lol. She keeps me on my toes in the daytime. 20171105_194000.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    You are doing great!
    My eight year old Beagle <-- lived for most of her life in a good show kennel. She often falls asleep with her teddy. Though it lost its plastic nose the first week, it has suffered no damage since then. If it feels like another body, and gives her a feeling of comfort, then that's OK with me.

My nine year old boy has never cuddled a toy. He chomps on hooves, brings me ropes to tug on, and (unfortunately), his favourite toy is a Kong squeaker. It's a Man thing.
  4. Momto2Rotts

Momto2Rotts New Member

Name:
    Kim
    Lol. It's a man thing, cute!

Yea, I just keep good eyes on my animals, have 25 chickens too, and if I see any of my animals playing with something they shouldn't or in a way it can harm them I'm right in it! It def helps I've been a stay at home mom for 26 years, now stay at home grandma. It REALLY helps when training puppies for sure! This girl holds her bladder so well all night but she's peeing all the time! My husbands been home an hour and she's peed three times now! Lol. Should I pick her water up at a certain time, I can't remember it's been so long?
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    It is said that water should be available to dogs at all times. Having said that, my girl suffers from spay incontinence and has her water bowl taken up at 10.30pm. She doesn't seem to miss it, and certainly does not make a beeline for the bowl when it goes down again at 7.15am.
    I would follow your gut feeling.
  6. Momto2Rotts

Momto2Rotts New Member

Name:
    Kim
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thank you. Sounds good. She's really young still so I like her having access to it all the time except at night sleeping. Thanks for your replies. Have a great rest of your weekend!
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I do not take Tikva's water dish up to keep her away from it - I take it up to wash it when she goes in her crate at night, and put it down with fresh water once we surface. I had never used a crate before I rescued the little pup after I lost Pereg - but that little one was only with me for 11 days... and although I did try Tikki sleeping on the bed a couple of nights were more than enough, so in the crate she went. As it is in my bedroom the slightest noise from her woke me - as it still does.

She is usually fast azonk on the couch before I decide it is bedtime, and then I go to the door and say "bubbie want a peepee" - [yeah, I know, I am well on the way to being a candidate for the men in the white coats] - she goes out, pees, and then comes in for her tether to be unclipped [oi Tik, no eat my hands please] and she zooms into my bedroom waiting for the little bikki she has when she has done twirlies before I open her crate so she can go in - have her little bikki - and then curl up on her sleeping pad.
  8. Momto2Rotts

Momto2Rotts New Member

Name:
    Kim
    Aww she sounds like a sweetie! No white coats coming to you, you're a good fur baby mama. I always think it's so funny how my big, strong husband can squeak like a cute mouse and use words like "potty " when around a little puppy. They just have such a sweet effect on us it makes us act silly. Lol. I love that your baby does twirlies before bed. So cute!
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Kim - my little bubbie is sort of special - and oh does she know it!

I sometimes go back to what I posted on Breedia about my beloved Pereg - and baby Ziva - and then Tikki Tikva - just where has the time gone?

So many poems I wrote about Pereg - a part of me died when she had to be given peace but then she is still here as my avatar. And the little mini booga will never let me forget her because she has so many similar characteristics.