quality play for my dog General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by marktate, Oct 20, 2023.

1. marktate

marktate New Member

Name:
    marktate

quality play for my dog

Hello, how are you? A few days ago I adopted a dog, he is an English cocker spaniel and he is at an age where he loves to bite things, that is why I am thinking of buying him the typical dog toys, so he has to bite and has fun playing with those toys. I can think of many types of toys, from toy bones, to plastic balls or frisbees, the problem is that I need them to be of extreme quality, since I don't want them to get hurt when biting them or to break. intoxicate or feel bad because of the material they are made of, that is why I want to ask you for help, where can I buy excellent quality dog ​​toys? Please only recommend stores that you know that their products are of very good quality, thank you
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    marktate likes this.
    Kong toys are good. They hold up well for most dogs.

You also want chews for the puppy. Toys are good, but they aren't really meant for chewing on. With my last puppy, I kept chews in the nightstand by the bed so when he decided to chew on me, I could immediately redirect him to the chew.
  4. Martin Greg

Martin Greg New Member

Name:
    Doctor
    lorq21 and marktate like this.
    I have a Pekingese and there are no problems, you can buy everything and everywhere in any supermarket there is a section for animals, there are many different toys of any size and from any material that squeak, light up, jump, ride or ordinary ducks and bones, balls and balls, choose any one. My Pekingese loves to chew on a regular toy bone and play with a glowing ball, but all dogs are different and you need to choose which one your dog likes.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    marktate and Toedtoes like this.
    I like the Nylabone toys for active chewers. They make two versions, a hard nylon which becomes roughened over time, and a clear version which has a little give in it. I prefer the clear ones as they are less likely to chip teeth and don't become rough to handle.
    Knotted rope makes a good toy too. Choose a nice thick but soft cotton rope so that any small pieces that come away will pass through without harming your dog. These are good for throwing and tugging games. I find that the better brands are usually made from the safest materials.
  6. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    marktate and CaroleC like this.
    I agree about the brands. Be careful of cheap generic and store brands as they don't always have the same safety measures in place.

I'm not sure where you are located, but here in the US, Costco often gets various dog toy packs. The beginning of October I got a Kong pack that includes one each: weave knots toy, tugger knots toy, huggz toy, and snuggles comfort toy. These packs are an inexpensive way to see if your dog has any particular preference with toys. Most packs run under $20 - one toy alone is usually $8 to $16.
  7. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I have 2 Akitas and they can be tough on toys. I’ve found that Tuffy dog toys are very well made, and tough. They last. Another one that lasts pretty well, and are plush toys, is Fluff & Tuff. Knotted ropes are definitely well liked by my dogs. You do get what you pay for. High quality toys cost more. That’s my 2 cents.
  8. steysibaylor

steysibaylor New Member

Name:
    steysibaylor
    lorq21 and marktate like this.
    Hi. Congratulations on your new pet! Glad you are interested in buying quality toys for your dog. I can only advise you to look in your city there are special pet stores for pets they are in every city. And if you want to choose online, read customer reviews and about the store itself.
  9. marktate

marktate New Member

Name:
    marktate
    Thank you all very much for your great help!
  10. lorq21

lorq21 New Member

Name:
    lorq
    marktate likes this.
    I recently bought a small breed dog (Chihuahua), I want to teach it several techniques, but I don’t know how to do it yet, I need to consult with knowledgeable people. I haven’t thought about toys and haven’t seen them anywhere in stores, but I think I need to buy a couple of toys. There is an interesting conversation going on here, I will follow this topic...
  11. richardrich

richardrich New Member

Name:
    Richard
    For my English Cocker Spaniel, I can recommend several proven brands of dog toys that are known for their high quality. For example, Kong and Nylabone produce very strong and safe toys. Most can be found at your local pet store or online. I hope your pup enjoys the new toys!