question about post tta surgery recovery Health

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by Samlincoln77, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Samlincoln77

Samlincoln77 New Member

Name:
    Sam

question about post tta surgery recovery

Hi, my 6 year old, 74 pound shepherd lab mix (Molly) had TTA surgery 8 weeks ago and her surgeon has confirmed that her leg is healing well per recent x rays.
    I've read that knee braces can be used post surgery; esp. to avoid over use of the non affected leg. https://alpha-mobility.com/.../balto-dog-knee-brace-bt-jump/
    Also, I've been carrying Molly up the stairs to our second floor apartment. I'm considering a rear support harness (https://www.amazon.com/PetSaf.../dp/B008RERSL0/ref=sr_1_6...)
    Any recommendations or experience with this?
    Thank you, Sam
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    No help unfortunately, but when my old dog Sam struggled with his HD and arthritis, I used a towel to support his rear end. I have to say that the rear end harness you have found looks good though. One thing I did find, was that he was reluctant to do poop or pee whilst supported.
  4. Samlincoln77

Samlincoln77 New Member

Name:
    Sam
    Hi Chris , my vet told me about using a towel to help get up the stairs before Molly was diagnosed with a torn ligament. That could work too! Thanks for replying. Cheers, Sam
  5. Helidale

Helidale Member

Name:
    Carole
    Chris B likes this.
    I have seen that some people are splitting open the side seams of those cream cotton shopping bags. You are then able to use the body of the bag to support the dog, and the handles help you to guide her. As long as a shopper would be big enough to accommodate Molly's tum of course!