Question about the Northen Inuit type dog General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Westie_N, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Whilst I dont agree with the crossbreeding of dogs for the purposes of pet production and sales, I do however commend those breeders who are prepared to health test and only use health tested animals in an attempt to breed healthy animals, having realised just what certain people have done to many of the existing ones.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise

No I don't think Mals will go back to Mahlek lines like the NI :lol:

However if you mean ALL mals will go back to the same lines as each other..well not in 20 years they won't..
  4. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    And your point here is ?:)
  5. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    That is scarey Mick, but I think we all worked out what jk was up to before now, just so happens other people will beat her to it, sad but true.:-(
  6. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine

so, when You start breeding Dawn you expect all the puppies you breed to go to working homes ? Families who will take an interest in showing ? All your puppies will be show, breeding and working stock, none will go to pet homes ?
  7. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    My point is that if the Scottish dogs you are referring to go back to Mahlek lines then its not going to help breeding them in to form new lines because they have started off from the same place
  8. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Absolutely yes, working homes first, if any are suitable at that age Id like show homes, but most importantly experienced homes. of course we are talking 3/4 in litters as the "norm" sometimes more of course and there wouldnt be a chance Id mate a bitch if I hadnt got at least that many homes waiting for puppies.

I also wouldnt be breeding just for the sake of it, Id be keeping one for myself at the very least.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2008
  9. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    Oh sorry, I misunderstood what you said, I thought you were trying to say that you haven't seen any KC dogs with problems. It was pretty late when I read it. My mistake.

I think that some of these major problems are starting to work themselves out within these groups. It seems that the major societies and associations are beginning to collaborate to try to fix what has happened. I am not saying that they were right from the beginning, but as these breeds are not going to "die out" I think that they are all making some major changes that will improve the breeds. We can only move in one direction, and that direction is forward. A lot of people seem to be stuck in the past about things that have happened, things they have heard, things they believe to be true without proper proof. You can't change overnight, but this is a process that I have been watching for the better part of two years. I think that every group has been really working on improving themselves and only time will tell what happens in the end. It would help for people to be supportive and offer genuine advice ("let them die out", is not advice, it's fighting words).
  10. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Good luck to you if you think it will be that easy,most folk with an interest in things when they set out even with the best intentions can end up going on another path...
    at least that many and a reserve list I would hope...
    I personally don't agree with breeding from a bitch just to fulfill ones own needs ...:)
  11. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    I personally don't think all the scottish stock goes back to Mahlek lines :)
  12. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Personally I diont believe in using a dog at stud without health testing and hip scoring first! :roll: Some do though, they dont give a damn!
  13. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Well in that case maybe it is the road to go down.. maybe the owners of these dogs could try and sort out their pedigrees and offer their services to the NIS/TIDA ..

AFTER all the health tests have been done of course
  14. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Think the main problem is that tests are not available for all hereditary heath issues and you simply have to know the back ground of each animal in the line for about 15 to 20 years to know of their health and the health of their offspring before you are able to say you are breeding healthy dogs, nothing less will do.

This is not like breeding any other breed at all because there is no 'other line' to fall back on should the worst happen. Your foundation line has to be squeaky clean and has to stay that way. Any dog introduced into the breeding programme has also to be squeaky clean.
  15. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    But then it raises the question..if all the scottish dogs DON'T go back to Mahlek...then where have they came from.. is there another founder line?
  16. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Exactly Pita Thankyou x
  17. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Mahlek is not the founder, likes to think she master minded it, changed the name but not the breed, there is healthy dogs out there !
  18. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    I don't think any ethical breeder would...
    still don't think its right to breed for ones own full fillment...
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2008
  19. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    SO when is it right to breed then?? Surely most all breeders breed to keep a dog/bitch to further their lines (whether working or breeding)

I don't think its right for people to breed then not keep any of the dogs
  20. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    You did! :002: Used your dog when those in the breed told you he was pet quality only, and you hadnt even had his hips scored at the time, and his litter brother was a monorchid.

I dont think ethical breeding is something you can preach about elaine.
  21. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Here it is again,my boy was fully health checked, if you have evidence to support that he wasn't please feel free to enlighten us...
    Actually inka was cryptorchid 1 of his balls was in the canal of his penis, hense the surgery with 2 wounds...
    You have never seen my dogs in the flesh so can't really have an opinion on whether or not they were right for breeding, you keep spouting about my boy going on what you heard from a few people from a society that you rubbish on a near daily basis...
    The people who have my pups are all in touch with me, they saw the paper work for the sire and dam and met both also, I think they would know better than you...imo x