Question about Utonagans Questions

Discussion in 'Utonagan' started by SaRAWR, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    I don't know about everyone else's NI, but my girl is a total mommy's girl...she whines when I leave the room and follows me everywhere...and more troublesome, only really listens to me...but I put that down to how much time I spend training her and playing with her....

My husky was the complete opposite and was attached to my husband...so he's feeling a bit left out with Lupa...he's having a hard time adapting to being "the other" person. As for me, its nice to feel like my dog is paying attention to me for once, lol.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

My Ute is a family dog and happy to be with any of us although it has been noted that he is more 'my' dog.

Please do your research very carefully - there are health issues in the breed, despite denials from some. For instance, my dog has epilepsy and it is in his lines so therefore most likely hereditary. There is also Addison's. There is no genetic test for epilepsy so some breeders continue to breed from dogs that have epilepsy in their background, although the mating pair may not themselves be epileptic. They may, however, be carriers.

My dog does not like other dogs, although that does seem to be him and because of his experiences, rather than anything to do with the breed. My dog needs loads of exercise and he needs to run loose.

They are wonderful, fun-loving, affectionate, stubborn, intelligent, astute dogs and I adore them and would recommend them because of this - but because of the health issues and the politics surrounding them, together with a degree of uncertain backgrounds and pedigrees I very much doubt whether I would have another.
  4. litma

litma New Member

Name:
    k
    hi like lots on here i wouldnt recommend 2 pups at the same time, lots of hard work.
    i also have 3 utonagans mixed with other breeds as well and they love each other, mine you if you told me over a year ago i would have 3 utonagans i would of said no just one lol, now my boy is a biggest mummys boy and a great nursemaid, my older girl is the same not as much but looks to me all the time. and the young girl is a daddys girl follows him everywhere and has to know where he is, we can leave them alone and they all love the other members of our family, they all have been health tested including the parents, best to do loads of research, visit as many owners as you can, even call many breeders to see what they have in line for the future and if you like what you hear, and take your time and find the right dog.
    wish you all the luck.